Military Families

Fort Belvoir? Anyone...anyone?

Hey ladies, my husband got orders to Belvoir and we'll be out there this summer! Just wondering if anyone has had experience with prenatal care and delivery there. If so, how was it? I'm worried about the wait for my first appointment, I heard it could take over a month to be seen. 

This is my first child and i've never been injured or really sick so I have zero experience at all with military hospitals and I love my doctor and his nurses at our current post so I am kind of nervous about having to switch in the middle pf my pregnancy! 

"Patience and fortitude conquer all things

Re: Fort Belvoir? Anyone...anyone?

• Hi, I havent been to the area, but I would like to mention that I too am headed to Fort Belvoir this summer. Perhaps we will run into eachother? :-)

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I started my pre-natal care there. We were stationed in Quantico, but they do not have OB care. The hospital is brand new (just opened in August)

My first appt was between 8-10 weeks. They were overall pretty good. However, I did not deliver there because we PCS'd.

Good Luck, the worst part about Belvoir is the traffic!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not there and don't have kids but Belvoir is such a beautiful post! They're re-doing a lot of it so there's quite a bit of construction and traffic. The new hospital on base is huge and beautiful and still sparkly new.

CJ 05/29/2013

• I don't have any info about prenatal care/delivery at Belvoir but I just moved from there at the end of August 2011!  They just completed building a brand new hospital, it was finished after we left though so I never got to see it done.  But, I would hope that a new facility means at least it will be a comfortable place to be!  Some general things...you must try Ginger Beef (best Chinese food EVER) on Telegraph road (exit via the Beulah gate, turn left onto telegraph road, and it's about a mile down on the right) and Matsui Sushi (best sushi EVER, plus it's not very expensive) on Beulah St. (exit Beulah gate, go straight onto Beulah street and turn left into the first plaza).  Specifically you should try the Pacific roll because it is amazingly delicious and it has no raw fish so you can eat it even while pregnant!  Also you should go to The Swiss Bakery in Springfield.  It would be about a 15-20 minute drive but well worth it!  https://www.theswissbakery.com/  I loved northern Virginia: there is so much to do (shop at the Potomac Mills outlets, shop at Pentagon Row mall, bike trails, Mt. Vernon, DC Monuments and museums, restaurants) and there are so many pretty parks (Pohick Bay park is right around the corner from Ft. Belvoir, and Burke Lake Park is not far).  Good luck with your move, and I hope the prenatal care/delivery at Ft. Belvoir Hospital turn out to be a good experience for you!
    TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
    3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am actually at fort belvoir right now. I am almost 20 weeks and have been here for my entire pregnancy and am most likely delivering here. They give you the option to be followed in internal medicine or in the ob clinic. I chose the ob clinic because this was my first baby. My first app I called at 5 weeks and it took me about a month to get in. Since then every time i leave an app i walk out to the desk and ask for one in X amount of weeks and they have it available. Yesterday I was sick upper respiratory due to allergies and I was unable to get an app with family medicine and called the ob triage lady to see what I could take over the counter. They fit me in yesterday afternoon so I was able to be seen in the ob clinic for sinus issues, but i got some meds and I am feeling much better. I hope this information helps
  • My husband is stationed at the Pentagon but I will be doing all of my appointments and delivery at the Fort Belvoir hospital...I haven't had any appointments yet (I am only 9 weeks) but the parts of the hospital I've been in are beautiful and all the employees I've encountered have been really nice and helpful. 

• DH is currently stationed at Quantico and I have a few friends that are currently pregnant. They do all of their appointments and will be delivering at Ft. Belvoir. They have all had very positive experiences so far- I've heard no complaints!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"