Trouble TTC
Options

Intro

Hello. I've been lurking off and on for a few months, but I never posted here because it seemed even my doctor didn't believe anything was wrong. I finally convinced her to refer me to an obgyn, and I now feel like I really do belong on a board where I can talk with others who share my struggles.

I am 25, I will be 26 next month. I went off BCP in August 2010 and have had trouble since the very beginning. DH is 32 and has a child from a previous relationship.

Ive been having irregular cycles, and at one point I actually went for 10 months without AF. I began taking metformin on my last cycle, was diagnosed with PCOS this cycle, and am waiting for my next cycle to begin clomid. I am currently on cd32. I don't O, so I don't know when my next cycle will begin.

As a newlywed, I get asked far too often when we'll be having more children, or children of our own. I personally know 12 women who are currently expecting, including one I work with. My supersperm brother and very fertile SIL have 2 under 2. I try to stay positive and relax, and DH is very supportive, but this is the most personal, internal struggle I've ever had to deal with.

Thank God there is internet and we have a place to discuss these feelings with others who understand. TIA for being here. 

Me: 26 DH: 32
TTC since 08/2010
Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
Dx PCOS 3/2012
SA 5/25/12--normal
June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI

Re: Intro

• Options

Hi and welcome! I'm new to the board too. It's definitely frustrating when everyone around you is expecting. I believe we all feel that pain!

Hopefully you won't have to hang around here long! Good luck with your upcoming treatment. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    And one more thing. You are seeing an OB/Gyn for Clomid? You should probably see an RE for that unless the OB will monitor you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetmsetzer83:
    And one more thing. You are seeing an OB/Gyn for Clomid? You should probably see an RE for that unless the OB will monitor you.

THIS!  If you are undergoing fertility treatments you should be under the care of a doctor that specializing in it.  There are many horror stories around here of people on fertility meds prescribed by their OBs.

Anyway, welcome!  

DX: Anovulation
    TX: IUI #1-4 = BFN + 1 c/p
    IUI #5: Clomid 100mg + Bravelle + Trigger + B2B IUIs + 800mg Progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 (14dpiui): 460 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 998 Beta #3 (23dpiui): 21,832 Beta #4 (29dpiui): 129,771

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My OB does plan to monitor it. I had my day 3 labs and a midcycle u/s this cycle which led to the dx of PCOS, and with clomid I will have a midcycle u/s each cycle. Once I start O'ing the plan is try with clomid for 3-4 cycles, and if that doesn't work we'll go to the next step, whatever that is. It was such a fight for me to get this far. I really hope that my OB knows what she is doing and I won't have to start over again with someone else. I actually had a slight argument with my primary doc and left her office in tears, but with a recommendation for an OB. 

TTC since 08/2010
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
  • Options

Have you had an HSG and has your husband had an s/a? I know you said he has children from previous marriage but things can change in a short period of time? I highly recommend you both get thoroughly checked out before beginning clomid. I see your OB will be prescribing you clomid. Make sure that your OB orders a baseline u/s (to check for cysts), mid cycle u/s (to make sure your follies are growing and that you don't have too many or none) and 7dpo progesterone check to also check for your response and ovulation.  Most OBs do not monitor and it is very important that you have EACH of those done for your health and safety.  

Welcome and GL to you! 

• Options
    I have not had an HSG, nor has DH had an SA. Thank you for all this info, my OB only mentioned the midcycle u/s to see if I'm O'ing, and increasing the dose the next cycle if I'm not. I will call in the morning about all of these questions. I am really nervous going into these treatments. I want to make sure we do them right.
    TTC since 08/2010
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
  • Options

imageDatsyuksMommy:
    I have not had an HSG, nor has DH had an SA. Thank you for all this info, my OB only mentioned the midcycle u/s to see if I'm O'ing, and increasing the dose the next cycle if I'm not. I will call in the morning about all of these questions. I am really nervous going into these treatments. I want to make sure we do them right.

My DH has children from a previous relationship and when we did his SA we were surprised to see ALL his numbers were low. Also, on HSG they found a blocked tube. Both huge shocks. I also see a OB right now and she does all the monitoring that Pugla mentioned. Plus at the U/S make sure they are checking your lining. Your lining can be thinned out by clomid and inhibit implantation.

Sounds like you are on the right path! Just talk to your OB about these things and hopefully you will be KU before you know it!

GL!!!!!!

• Options

At my last u/s my lining looked good. The doc said it was probably due to the metformin. I spoke with my OB's nurse and she is going to pass my questions over to the doc, so now I'm just waiting on a call back. I talked about all of this with DH last night and he says he is on board for whatever I want to do. He is not at all hesitant to have an SA. Thanks again for all of the input. I really appreciate your experience, knowledge, and encouragement. 

TTC since 08/2010
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"