September 2012 Moms
Options

Tea drinkers?

I have the taste for my tea again. Is decaf green tea ok?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker 

Re: Tea drinkers?

• Options
    I would avoid green tea. It can cause uterine contractions. I drink decaf black tea.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    According to my midwife: yes, as long as it isn't the ONLY thing you drink.  If you drink green tea by the gallon it can decrease your ability to absorb folic acid.  My plan has been to stick to reasonable quantities during the morning (I take my PNV at night, so it should be out of my system by then).
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I drink Yogi Tea's Mother-To-Be tea. I like it :) my regular Breathe Deep that they make has on the box "Not recommended during pregnancy". Boo 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My OB said green tea is fine as long as your not drinking a ton of it.  A cup a day should be fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    veekveek member
    I went batcrap crazy last night because I am frustrated with the lack of options fro beverages. We were at the drive in and I brought water in a bpa free bottle and we had the dog and the dog was thristy too. He had diet coke with him. Then I went nuts, I can't drink soda because of the sugar, can't drink diet because of the chemicals, can't drink coffee because of the caffeine, I have been drinking seltzer and tea and sometimes milk when when you go out, the options get limited real fast. Tea is the only thing I have left, that I can find easily. I have been drinking Jasmine tea, I hope that is ok. I can't take this lack of beverage options anymore.
  • Options

imageveek:
    I went batcrap crazy last night because I am frustrated with the lack of options fro beverages. We were at the drive in and I brought water in a bpa free bottle and we had the dog and the dog was thristy too. He had diet coke with him. Then I went nuts, I can't drink soda because of the sugar, can't drink diet because of the chemicals, can't drink coffee because of the caffeine, I have been drinking seltzer and tea and sometimes milk when when you go out, the options get limited real fast. Tea is the only thing I have left, that I can find easily. I have been drinking Jasmine tea, I hope that is ok. I can't take this lack of beverage options anymore.

Wait, your dog had a diet coke with him? :P

Veek, I think you're driving yourself crazy! From everything I've heard/read/been told, almost everything is fine in moderation (with the exception, perhaps, of alcohol). I have my regular cup of coffee with breakfast or if I'm not feeling that, a cup of Earl Grey. I'm not a huge soda person, but sometimes I'll have one and just try to be conscious of not having other really sugary things on the same day. 

OP, ask your doctor if you're really worried, but I think you'd be fine to have a cup here or there! 

• Options
    veekveek member
    I think I feel there is a lot of "don't eat, don't drink, don't do" this that and the other, it is driving me crazy, just like all of us here, I want what is best for the LO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"