Cloth Diapering
Options

what do you do with a side-sleeping infant who leaks everywhere?

I have my nearly 6 month old in BG 4.0's at night with an insert and 2 doublers. She has just recently discovered side-sleeping. Last night I had to change everything twice, from diaper to sleep sack! I did just get some hemp liners in the mail which will be ready tonight so I will try them, but I feel like the trajectory of the pee is the problem. Also because of all the inserts the diaper is gapping around her thighs.

I also just got some new Sunbabies which I haven't tried out yet, if that changes anything.

Anyone have any suggestions?

*Last time I asked for help my computer died for a week and I couldn't check in to answser questions. I'm really sorry and thanks for any help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageFollow Me on Pinterest

Re: what do you do with a side-sleeping infant who leaks everywhere?

• Options
    kms34kms34 member
    Try a trimmer insert so she's not gaping at the legs and throw a wool soaker over the diaper.  I was so anti-wool for so long but it's been a godsend with DS2.  he's a super soaker and wool keeps his pj's and sheets nice and dry.
    * DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • Options
    We use an Sbish with an Econobum cover over it at night and my DD (decent wetter, though not quite heavy, and STTN) hasn't ever leaked out.  I have found with DD that she's less likely to leak out of something with a cover than a BG or other similar diaper.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree with PP?try a wool cover over the diaper.

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• Options

Wool scares me, so I've been reluctant to try it :)

My godsend has been a bamboo fitted with a thirsties cover.  I use Baby Beehinds fitted, and the whole thing is SUPER absorbant - and the thirsties cover has double leg gussets, so it's very leak resistant.  

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Options
    Wool works great, but the best thing in general for our side sleeper is to use a fitted diaper.  It absorbs everything before it can leak and the elastic at the legs is really helpful.  We pair fitteds with a BB coverall or a bummis superbrite most nights.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I am also scared of wool, like a pp, so I think I'm going to try a fitted first and see if that helps.
  • Options
    We were getting gaps and leaks with our pockets too. A wool cover definitely helps to prevent leaks, but I figured if I was using wool, I'd rather have the breathability of the fitteds with wool.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I live abroad so have to have my stuff shipped to me and it takes ages! Hopefully I can keep up with the laundry between now and then! Of course last night she spent the night on her back mostly so no big problems. She certainly is a heavy wetter though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"