September 2012 Moms
Options

***DelaBella - Question About UO Post****

I couldn't get on today, and just saw the UO post.

I'm wondering why (if you want to go med free) that you don't think that's an option for you just because you're having twins? 

There are some circumstances with twins where I can completely see why a c/s is justified.  I had one with my mo/di girls and was completly fine with it because of what I read about the placenta detaching after the birth of Baby A (since there's only one placenta) - that's a major concern with mo/di babies.  There are other instances, but I won't comment on all of them.

I just think if a med-free vaginal delivery important to you, and your OB doesn't support it, find a new OB.  Lots of doctors deliver twins vaginally- if your heart is set on it, you need to find one that is comfortable doing a breech extraction.  Even if both babies are head down, Baby B can flip after the delivery of Baby A because they have so much room after! 

As for the med-free part, I can't understand why if you are having a vaginal delivery, and epi would be insisted on simply because it's twins.  I've never heard that.  It's common that it's hospital policy if you're having multiples to have the....ugh, forget the word but the line put in...without the medication actually being administered.  This is in case of an emergency c/s.  That was the policy at one of the hospitals I was going to potentially deliver at, but not the policy of the hospital that I ended up in.

Just food for thought.

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: ***DelaBella - Question About UO Post****

• Options
    *jumps in* I am pretty sure I saw A Baby Story on TLC where this rockin mom gave birth med-free to twins and nursed them both.  Awesome. *jumps out*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageblack.kat:
    *jumps in* I am pretty sure I saw A Baby Story on TLC where this rockin mom gave birth med-free to twins and nursed them both.  Awesome. *jumps out*

**second jumper-inner chimes in**  I have to AW my mom.  She gave birth to my twin brother and sister med free and nursed them both for 18 months.  I didn't read the UO post, but to the addressee of this thread...I think you should find a new OB too.  What you really want in your birth experience may be possible! **jumps out** 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for jumping ladies :)

The split of vag deliveries to c/s is about 50/50 on the multiples board, but some of the c/s were elected.  I don't like how people assume that doctors don't do vaginal deliveries for twins, plenty of them do.  Before my girls were confirmed as mo/di, my doctor was 100% behind my vaginal delivery choice - and preferred it.

I also BF my girls, and so have plenty of other MoMs I know, since that was brought up too in this thread!  Also a misconception! 

• Options

Why do doctors want to induce for twins? Any actual real reason? You'd think of any groups, they'd want twins (statistically smaller) to be as healthy/baked as possible before coming out.

I'd be  interviewing different OBs as well. Some doctors just prefer to do things a certain way (induction, c-section, blah) and don't even consider something different, even if it is perfectly safe.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageterri.m.reid@gmail.com:

Why do doctors want to induce for twins? Any actual real reason? You'd think of any groups, they'd want twins (statistically smaller) to be as healthy/baked as possible before coming out.

I'd be  interviewing different OBs as well. Some doctors just prefer to do things a certain way (induction, c-section, blah) and don't even consider something different, even if it is perfectly safe.

Im also not sure why the doctor is assuming induction. IF you get a doctor who will do a vaginal delivery of mo/di babies, induction is discussed because the placenta that the babies are sharing starts to deteriorate.

Additionally, the rate of still births in multiples increases after...eh 38 weeks? Don't quote me since it's been a bit, but I know it's sooner than a singleton. Another reason induction comes up. 

All that being said, the doctor laying out induction or c/s just seemed off to me.  There should be a certain point that the doctor would allow you to carry to, and that should be discussed. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"