Military Families
Options

Should I stay or should I go???

I am 15 weeks and my pregnancy has been labeled as high risk. My husband was PCS'd in August, 2011 and I stayed here because our oldest is graduating from high school this year.

Now that I am pregnant and it's a high risk pregnancy I don't know if I should leave. I have a full time job here and I have not resigned yet. I was thinking of staying here and receive care from my doctor who is familiar with me (he delivered my last baby) and this will be my 3rd C section OR find a doctor where he is and leave at beginning of 3rd trimester.

I am so confused... We've only been apart for deployment. I want to go but want what's best for me & the baby. ANy suggestions???

Re: Should I stay or should I go???

• Options
    Unless he lives in a very remote area that's far from a hospital, I would move there as soon as your older kid graduates.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options

imageNavyPilotWife:
    Unless he lives in a very remote area that's far from a hospital, I would move there as soon as your older kid graduates.

That's exactly it. We will be in SW Georgia. There is no ARMY base in the city, the closest base (Air Force) is 45 minutes away from where I want to live. I can move to Tallahasee but we wanted to live in the smaller town nearby (Thomasville, Ga).

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Is there a civilian hospital nearby? What's the quality of that facility?

I'd want to be near my husband if I had a high risk pregnancy with potential complications.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thomasville is a very remote area.  I love the country, but not Thomasville.  I would go closer to Valdosta, if that is an option.  The hospital there is great and they will be able to provide care for you.  If Valdosta isn't an option, I'd go closer to Tallahassee. 

Being high risk puts you at a higher risk of being hospitalized or put on bed rest.  I did both of those with out my husband and wouldn't want to have to do that again. It sucked. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Keep in mind just because you aren't near a "military" facility doesn't mean you don't have health care. I had a wonderful delivery off base with my DD. Like others have said I would want to be near my husband in a high risk situation. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageiluvmytxrgr:

Thomasville is a very remote area.  I love the country, but not Thomasville.  I would go closer to Valdosta, if that is an option.  The hospital there is great and they will be able to provide care for you.  If Valdosta isn't an option, I'd go closer to Tallahassee. 

Being high risk puts you at a higher risk of being hospitalized or put on bed rest.  I did both of those with out my husband and wouldn't want to have to do that again. It sucked. 

Thank you! I am glad to hear that you know the area and it makes tins of sense... Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"