Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Do you give your toddler fruit snacks?

I am trying to think of what I want to put in my daughter's easter eggs since I don't give her candy.  I still want her to have some sort of treat, and I found some organic fruit snacks in the shape of bunnies that I thought would be perfect.  I know I have heard friends of mine say that they give their toddlers fruit snacks, but I am very paranoid about choking and wanted to get some opinions from you ladies.  I appreciate it!
Ella-5 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Do you give your toddler fruit snacks?

• Options
    DS eats them all the time and does fine with them. When I first started giving them to him, I would cut them in half for my piece of mind. I also let DS have candy, though (on occasion).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes and he loves them.  He calls them candy and I tell him "fruit snacks."  His requests go like this "More candies?!?!  Fooot sacks?!?!"  Overandoverandoverandover
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, sometimes. I look hard for those that are all fruit and no added sugar though. Beech Nut makes some that are just gelatinous fruit puree and DD loves them! The organic Annie's ones I saw were all kinds of organic sugar this and organic sugar that. I'd rather have the fruit.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    yes. give your child fruit snacks!! mmmm, the organic bunnies. That's what my mom buys
  • Options
    Yes, we have these exact same ones, probably. DS loves them. We also do the fruit and veggie pouches, like the ones from HappyTot.
    "To me, you are perfect."

• Options
    Does the chewy factor freak out your kids, or are they just swallowing them whole?  We have never tried them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We don't.

He's getting yogurt raisins, yogurt bites and puffs in his eggs.

imageimage
  • Options
    Yep, he loves them!
  • Options
    We haven't tried L with these, but something similar that he loves is any kind of dried fruit: raisins, blueberries, mango, etc.  You can find some without added sugar. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Not my 14 month old, no. My 2 year old I do.

We did the marshmellow bunnies for easter eggs last year and will be doing the same this year. More sugar and crap but less of a choking hazard I think.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageIrishCoffee7:

imagenbeseau:
    Does the chewy factor freak out your kids, or are they just swallowing them whole?  We have never tried them.
    I think the more natural ones dissolve more easily than the rubbery ones we grew up with.  You might be surprised if you tried them.

I've never given C fruitsnacks but I was thinking about picking up some of the Annie's ones for Easter.

Yes, this. My DS has had texture aversion issues, but he loves these Annie's ones. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• Options
    We get ours from Wegman's and Trader Joe's Freeze dried fruits, fruit leather, "Just" fruits so there is no added sugar. She loves them. Her favorite right now is the strawberry watermelon ones from Trader Joe's and their apricot fruit leather.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Yup... My DS eats them.

• Options
    Yes, occasionally. He loves them!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hold up.

Fruit snacks are safer than grapes or popcorn?

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I got a Costco sized box of the Annie's ones.  My DD likes them, but I'm not going to buy them again after we finish this box since I've realized they are full of sugar.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We give him Annie's organic fruit bunnies on occasion.  He will be getting eggs filled with those, Annies organic cheddar bunnies, Trader Joes freeze dried blueberries and whatever else we come up with. 
  • Options
    imageanna karenina:
    imageCinemaGoddess:

Hold up.

Grapes are because they are perfectly round and popcorn because you can inhale the kernels. The fruit snacks I buy dissolve in the mouth so I'm not sure what there is to choke on.  

Oh.  I'm thinking of the Welch's kind.  Those things are like JuJu Bees.

Hence my confusion.

Carry on. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options

imageanna karenina:
    I actually think the freeze dried fruit is more of a hazard than the fruit snacks. 

We got some dried fruit from Costco last weekend and it dissolves in your mouth. Gross to me, but DD loves them.  And there's nothing added. They were about 1/2 this price at Costco too, so I guess I got a good deal.

https://www.amazon.com/Brothers-ALL-Natural-Variety-Crisps-Strawberry-Banana/dp/B001942GAI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1333655678&sr=8-4

• Options
    C gets fruit strips; our grocery store has an organic version so no odd sugar/chemical concoctions. Makes me a little less nervous on the choking front, since he loves to inhale food.  
  • Options
    imageanna karenina:
    imageCinemaGoddess:
    imageanna karenina:
    imageCinemaGoddess:

Hold up.

Grapes are because they are perfectly round and popcorn because you can inhale the kernels. The fruit snacks I buy dissolve in the mouth so I'm not sure what there is to choke on.  

Oh.  I'm thinking of the Welch's kind.  Those things are like JuJu Bees.

Hence my confusion.

Carry on. 

You should have known we meant the hippie organic kind that we grew in our community garden. 

I know.

Sad

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    I've given my LO fruit snacks since about 15 months or so and he had never choked on them.  They are pretty soft for them.
  • Options

Wow, thanks for the huge response, ladies!  Yes, the Annie's snacks to have a lot of sugar, but they're not something I'm going to continue giving her- just a treat for a special occasion.  I will have to look into some of the other brands some of you mentioned though for my self (I'm pregnant and fruit snacks sound SO   delicious!)  I will also put some yogurt drops in the eggs, too, but the bunnies were just too cute for Easter!  Hope your little ones all have fun hunting!!!  I can't wait to see pics.  Yes, I know none of you know who I am because I am typically a lurker, but I sometimes find posts with a lot of responses just in the hopes of seeing a lot of precious baby pics!

Ella-5 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Trader Joe's has some called Fruity Flakes & they are little dried fruit snacks.  Sadie loves them & they're tiny so she can't choke.
    Sadie is not impressed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina
  • Options
    imageABizzity:
    We give him Annie's organic fruit bunnies on occasion.  He will be getting eggs filled with those, Annies organic cheddar bunnies, Trader Joes freeze dried blueberries and whatever else we come up with. 
    . Check your box of Annie's Chedder Bunnies.  They have almost zero nutrition to them.  We buy the Honey Graham ones instead that at least have a few nutrients.
  • Options

It's EASTER people.

Nutrition can FOAD. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    MrsSRMrsSR member

We have not...  I'm scared of them as well.

DD is geting books, coloring books, a Magna doodle thing, and a potty training baby doll in her basket.  And chocolate. 

If you are worried about fruit snacks how about raisins, puffs, dried fruit, etc?

• Options
    I think my older son has tried them before at a birthday party, but he is 2 1/2.  I don't think I'd give them to my 15 month old because he barely has molars and I'd worry about him choking.  I'm a little on the paranoid side too.  Plus, fruit snacks aren't a very healthy snack (totally fine for an easter basket, however), so it's not something we'd keep around the house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    C also gets the Buddy Fruit snacks. Someone on TB had mentioned them months ago and those wind up being C's "candy".

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options

Target has Motts for Tots fruit snacks.They are specially made for toddlers and dissolve easily. i would not give my tot any of the regular fruit snacks because he can choke on them. im too paranoid for that. 

They are in the regular fruit snacks aisle. HTH 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"