Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

If you read the sookie books

Please tell me they just start slow? I'm trying to read the first one and it's super dull. Does it get better? I'm having a hard time getting past the first chapter. I was hoping to get into it and have a lot of books to read since i just finished all the books I have on my iPad.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you read the sookie books

• abs05abs05 member
    Yes, they start slow.  The first one was okay, the second was awful, and then they got enjoyable. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • The first one does kinda start slow. The rest of them aren't as slow. The show, if you watch it, is like 10x faster than the books. Since they combine like 3 books into one season lol. However, they are good reads once you get into them.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    The first one does kinda start slow. The rest of them aren't as slow. The show, if you watch it, is like 10x faster than the books. Since they combine like 3 books into one season lol. However, they are good reads once you get into them.
    I don't watch the show. And I'm not into vampires. I think I picked the wrong series to read...lol
  • imageabs1978:
    Yes, they start slow.  The first one was okay, the second was awful, and then they got enjoyable. 

Agree!  Now I'm hooked.  If you started by watching the TV show I can see how it would be hard to get into...I started with the books first and I couldn't put them down...starting with the third.

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • abs05abs05 member

imageKoalaBear103:
    imageNana_Osaki06:
    The first one does kinda start slow. The rest of them aren't as slow. The show, if you watch it, is like 10x faster than the books. Since they combine like 3 books into one season lol. However, they are good reads once you get into them.
    I don't watch the show. And I'm not into vampires. I think I picked the wrong series to read...lol

LOL.  Probably.  ;)  Are you into fairies or werewolves?  Those are in the books, too. 

• imageabs1978:

imageKoalaBear103:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

LOL.  Probably.  ;)  Are you into fairies or werewolves?  Those are in the books, too. 

no not at all. Shoot, now I'm thinking I won't be able to get into these books. I usually read romance novels but I read the hunger games and loved it. I need to find a new series to read!!
  • abs05abs05 member
    imageKoalaBear103:
    imageabs1978:

imageKoalaBear103:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

no not at all. Shoot, now I'm thinking I won't be able to get into these books. I usually read romance novels but I read the hunger games and loved it. I need to find a new series to read!!

Read Divergent by Veronica Roth!  Similar to The Hunger Games.  Delerium and Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver are also similar and good quick reads. 

• Thanks abs!
  • imageabs1978:

This exactly.  I often reread series that I like a lot and I usually start with the third or fourth book of Sookie.  The fourth is my favorite.  Keep going, they get bettter.

Mc 6/2/08 at 6w2d * CP 11/22/08 * CP 1/21/09 - Dx compound heterozygous MTHFR 3/23/09 - BFP 3/24/09
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    I don't think I really got into them until half way through book 3 (maybe 4, can't remember). The last couple have been bad. I'm giving her one more chance with the new book. If it sucks again, I'm out.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• FWIW, I don't typically like vampires (although I do read fantasy on occasion, I'm more of a sci-fi / classics gal, myself), and I like Sookie because the character is fun and interesting, and the relationships are pretty realistic. The first one is slow, but I liked all of them up to the last two. 

ETA: I liked the last one, too, just not as much as the earlier ones. I did NOT like number 10 and will never read it again, as it was ridiculous bullsh!ts. Thankfully, Harris does a good job of summarizing things if you skip a book. :D

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • I've read 4 of them and I still don't get the appeal of them, I keep reading hoping they get better.  IMO, they do not.  Stop while you're ahead.
  • I read the fourth or fifith one first, its after she finds out something about Bill that pisses her off and she winds up presenting something to Eric (or in Eric's presence, its been a while). I enjoyed that enough and was disappointed in the slowassness of the first book. I have read any that came out before last summer.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"