June 2012 Moms
Options

How often do you feel the baby move a day?

How many times do you feel the baby become active throughout the day?  I feel like my baby isn't that active.  I hear people talking about poking at it and getting a response, or having a very active baby.  Don't get me wrong, I feel her move throughout the day, but I wouldn't say I feel her a ton.  Paranoid?  Probably.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: How often do you feel the baby move a day?

• Options
    I feel him all the time.  If I don't I can usually push on my stomach where I know he's at and feel him move immediately.  Some babies aren't as active.  I wouldn't worry if the baby is moving normally throughout the day.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    She had a period when she was extremely active for a few weeks, but now she's calmed down a bit. Every few hours I feel her stretching or sticking out her limbs, and sometimes I still feel some kicking and what seems like kneading almost, but she's not as active as she was before (which is normal). She's also not super responsive to our prodding - she doesn't really 'play' with us, and while we can get her to wiggle around sometimes by poking or rubbing, she seems to just do it on her own schedule. Basically our MWs said that as long as her heart rate is good at check ups, and as long as her movement doesn't diminish from what the normal rate is, everything should be OK. Some LOs just aren't as active, but if it's been the same pattern all along and your doctor isn't worried, I wouldn't be either :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO seems to have certain times that he/she is more active, but bc this is my first, I really have nothing to compare it to.  But I've heard a lot of 2+ moms notice differences in the amount of movements between each child.  Some babies move more than others.  From what i understand, its an issue when you notice the baby moving significantly less than usual.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I feel my baby move all the time, some days more than others.  I can usually poke around where I know she is and she will react. 
    My Running Blog!

2012: Running & Race Accomplishments:

2-12-12: Riverview Winter Fest 4 mile, 34:59 8:45 pace - 23 weeks pregnant
    2-29-12: Leap Year 4 mile, 36:45 9:11 pace - 25.5 weeks pregnant
    3-11-12: Corktown 5K, 28:33 9:13 pace - 27 weeks pregnant
    3-25-12: Rock CF Island Half Marathon, 2:11:03 10:00 pace - 29 weeks pregnant
    4-16-12 Boston Marathon, deferring to 2013
    8-11-12: Run thru Hell 10 mile or 4.8 mile
    9-30-12: Brooksie Way Half Marathon
    10-21-12: Grand Rapids Marathon
    11-22-12: Detroit Turkey Trot 10K

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I wouldn't worry. I think our babies are similar. I think this last week he has become more active during the day, but honestly I usually don't feel him all that much throughout the day. The time he is the most active is at night when I am relaxing on the couch and then especially when I first lay down for bed. But I can go hours where I don't notice him move throughout the day (maybe he is and they are only little feelings so I don't even notice them) and he isn't one of those babies that will move if i poke or push my tummy.

Its okay. As long as you feel her everyday and it is fairly consisitent with what how often you have been feeling her all along.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageFutureMrsFezz:
    I feel him all the time.  If I don't I can usually push on my stomach where I know he's at and feel him move immediately.  Some babies aren't as active.  I wouldn't worry if the baby is moving normally throughout the day.

This!

Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    He's on a routine so I always know when he'll move at certain times of the day.  My LO starts moving around as soon as I wake up, every time I eat something, and as soon as I lay down to go to sleep.  Also he seems to kick my ribs a lot when I'm sitting at the computer typing...maybe it's the way I'm sitting?  I dunno Stick out tongue
  • Options
    Mine is very active, but I know a lot of women who have said they didn't feel their babies that much. 
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    All the time!  She goes nuts in the morning around 7/8am.  Then I feel her again around 11.  Then she take a nap after lunch, and I feel her again around 2.  Then she is rolling around and going nuts when I'm on the couch around 7 and doesn't stop until I go to bed! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options

I usually feel her throughout the day (Mostly while Im at work in front of the computer), but especially after a meal.  A few weeks ago I went to Starbucks and got an Apple Cider Spice thing.  Mmmmm.  When I got back to my desk I realized I havent felt her kick all day.  And something like Apple juice usually makes her kick like mad.  I started to freak out and I called the dr.  She suggested I try another juice and sit in a quiet room for a half hr (no emailing, reading or anything like that.  Just sitting and concentrating on LO).  I did that and didnt feel anything, so I went in to the dr.  They strapped me up to some monitor thing and let me sit there for a while.  The baby was moving a lot, but I think she moved to a spot where I couldnt feel her.  They said you dont really feel the baby kicking the Uterus.  You feel her kicking and the skin stretching around the uterus, therefore, when shes kicking in the back, you dont feel it.

Ever since then I dont feel her as often, but usually I can feel her slightly in an odd place (like low in the uterus so DH cant really feel it).  I usually only feel her moving and not kicking anymore.  I can feel her move over to my left side and feel her whole back up and down my tummy.  Then a little later, I can feel her laying down.  Dont usually feel her kicking as much anymore though.

If you are really worried, go to the dr.  I was afraid they would think I was over reacting but they said I did the right thing just to check and make sure everything is ok.  Yes, sometimes mothers freak out about little things that dont need to be freaked out about, but if it will make you feel better and less stressed, then thats good for the baby.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"