September 2012 Moms
Options

Regarding pumps...another thing to consider

I just had to post this after a conversation I had a work yesterday.

One of my colleagues is a field marketing rep for our company.  We have some training coming up on-site and she called me to see about where she could pump while she's in town for the training (she is on her second child and she knew I pumped with J).

I told her where our Mother's Rooms are at our corporate office and how to reserve one, but also told her that the location of the rooms was pretty far away from the training center, so my recommendation was to pump in the restroom at the training center just to save time on the walk to and from the Mother's Room. 

Her pump ONLY works if its plugged into a wall outlet or a car cigarette lighter.  She has had to pump standing up over the sink in an airport restroom (in front of God and everyone) because that was the only outlet she could find.

My pump had a rechargeable battery that typically lasted for 4-5 days, even pumping 3x per day.  I have pumped EVERYWHERE becuase with my job, I travel and never know where I might need to use it.  I've pumped in a flying airplane lavatory, in an airport restroom, in the restroom at a hunting club, in the restroom of the Capital Grille...you name it.  I would just hang my pump bag on the door of the stall and pump away.  I also carried antibacterial wipes and a kitchen towel in my bag just in case.  I could do it without the pump parts really touching anything in the restroom, so I didn't really feel it was unsanitary (not ideal, but doable).

Please consider getting a pump with a strong rechargeable battery (not to mention a handsfree bra) if you have the kind of schedule where you might not always be near an outlet. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Regarding pumps...another thing to consider

• Options
    StasiStasi member
    Thanks, this is great advise!

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    I don't travel for work, but good call! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, I used to travel for work which is why I invested in the Freestyle.  It could easily go 2 days without charging.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageKarBear:
    Yep, I used to travel for work which is why I invested in the Freestyle.  It could easily go 2 days without charging.

I have the Freestyle too.  I never noticed a difference between pumping on the battery pack and pumping while plugged into an outlet.  Some of my friends said their brands weren't as strong on the battery.  Did you notice a difference? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"