September 2012 Moms
Options

Just fed up - NBR

A few months back my manager at my office made it a point to call my big boss (who is out of state) and have him "have a talk with me" regarding me taking my lunch at a specific time everyday.  There were some issues with this one specific woman in my office who looks for every opportunity to complain about me.  I really feel like she has a vendetta against me because her daughter was interviewed for the position I hold and, obviously, she didn't get it. 

So anyway, I picked 12:30 as my time to go to lunch and everyone ok'd it.  The whole point in me having to have a specific lunch hour was because they wanted to ensure that the phones were covered.  This same wench now regularly goes to lunch at 12 leaving me having to stay until someone can get back and cover the phones for me.  Pisses me off!

She also regularly tries to take over tasks that are specific to my job.  I would be ok with this if she was truly trying to help but she only does this when there are opportunities for her to look good in front of the big wigs.  She just came to me and told me she has already started talking to OUR boss about getting me a temp.  I'm sorry, but how is that any of YOUR business?  Do you get the theme here?  She is always putting her nose in where it doesn't belong.  I'm not the only one who feels this way in the office, so I'm not being irrational.

Many times when I have had to take time off to stay at home with my sick kids or go to a doctor's appointment or anything else for that matter, she has commented to one of the other women in our office saying, "Does she think she can just work from home like we can?" No, biitch, I don't.  I realize I have to be physically present to answer the phones and help clients who come in but I am given vacation and sick days JUST LIKE YOU SO SHUT THE EFF UP.  Ugh!  My frustration with her has reached its peak.  I can so totally see her suggesting that the temp they have while I'm on maternity leave is great and they should hire her.  I'm probably being paranoid there but seriously!  I wish she would do her damn job and stay out of anything pertaining to mine!

Sorry for the long rant.  Vent over!

image.

Re: Just fed up - NBR

• Options
    Sounds like you need to slapaho. I kid, I kid. But I think your frustration is totally justified, and I would be seriously peeved too. Is there anyone you can talk to about her intrustiveness?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Funny thing there...when our regional manager visited, he told me that she was like a "mama hen" and that I just needed to let her be her.  ????  The only other woman in our office, who tells me things that get said, gets tired of her intrusiveness as well and said she was going to have a talk with our boss about it. 

image.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry, that sucks... Hopefully you're able to talk to someone higher up about her being so rude and intrusive.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • Options
    If there isn't anyone you talk to and have something actually get done, then, I would look for a new job. She can't get the temp hired as your replacement as you are gone. That's what FMLA is there for and you have legal things you can do at this point.
  • Options
    I would say continue to talk to your higher ups, and if your regional manager isn't doing anything to reign that woman in, then go even further up.  Having to deal with someone like that might equate to a hostile work place to some people. Im sorry your having to deal with this....
    Employed by the Toddler Tyrant named G!
  • Options

imageKellersPrag:
    Sorry, that sucks... Hopefully you're able to talk to someone higher up about her being so rude and intrusive.

This, although blindvictory's slap a ho works for me too.

Married ~ DD 2004 ~ 2 2nd tri losses ~ DS 2011 5 weeks 1 day early ~ DD2 2012
  • Options

Word to the Wise....

Make sure that all your work is caught up and organized before you go out on Mat. Leave. She is sure to try and find something you did not complete or something wrong with your work while you are out. I have any experiences like this before. Even as we speak I have filed everything away properly. I leave nothing in my office undone at the end of each day. Just in case I have to be out for any reason. I don't want my co-workers all in my stuff "Nit Picking" with my work or commenting on my work ethic while I am out.

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    imagemommytwobee:

Word to the Wise....

Make sure that all your work is caught up and organized before you go out on Mat. Leave. She is sure to try and find something you did not complete or something wrong with your work while you are out. I have any experiences like this before. Even as we speak I have filed everything away properly. I leave nothing in my office undone at the end of each day. Just in case I have to be out for any reason. I don't want my co-workers all in my stuff "Nit Picking" with my work or commenting on my work ethic while I am out.

We think alike!!!

image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"