September 2012 Moms
Options

stretch marks

Ok so I had strectch marks since i was like 11 from weight gain because of health issues. I had them to where they weren't visable.  I am using palmers but they are still really red. I honestly dont mind them I just want to help with the redness if thats possible.  What kinds of creams and stuff are you other mommys using?   

Re: stretch marks

• Options
    Manx4Manx4 member

There is no proven way to prevent them - the best advice I can give you is to gain weight slowly, lotion up right after each shower and drink a ton of water to stay hydrated. 

Red stretch marks will usually fade with time after the baby arrives.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageManx4:

There is no proven way to prevent them - the best advice I can give you is to gain weight slowly, lotion up right after each shower and drink a ton of water to stay hydrated. 

Red stretch marks will usually fade with time after the baby arrives.  

This!

...I also wouldn't go out and waste money on expensive creams and oils that claim they prevent or get rid of stretch marks either.  Stretch marks, or rather their severity is primarily dependent upon the elasticity of your skin - not just how moisturized it is.

Some would suggest that the combination of keeping hydrated, moisturizing regularly, eating healthy and taking your daily recommended vitamins/minerals help with improving overall skin elasticity.  IMO, I think you've either got it..or you don't. .:shrugs:.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks Ladies! Just thought i'd see if there was anything to help that i was missing or the dr. was missing.  I look at them at love marks of having this baby but i've never seen anyone else with them this red before.  I drink tons of water and lotion 3 to 4 times a day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"