September 2012 Moms
Options

What's for breakfast?

What do you girls eat for breakfast? I work M-F and dont usually make time to sit and eat, so I've been eating a weight watchers bagel and the WW cream cheese (figure it can't hurt) with a piece of fruit- apple, banana etc. If I have extra time sometimes I go through McDs and get the oatmeal.

This last  week my stomach has been growling like an hour before lunch, I think I need to add some morning snack or something extra for lunch.

What do you girls do for breakfast?? 

photo photo_zps4ea6bdf2.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What's for breakfast?

• Options

Do you want something healthy?  Because I'm having an awesome breakfast burrito this morning from the work cafe.  It's very yummy and perfect for starting my day

image image
  • Options

A whataburger breakfast on a bun. 

It's times this these I feel sorry for you ladies who don't live in Texas because whataburger is the bomb!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually do oatmeal/ waffles and a fruit with water & OJ. Then I make a smoothie for the drive to work! I definitely need to get more protein in the morning I'm starving by lunch time!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageLanibee:

Do you want something healthy?  Because I'm having an awesome breakfast burrito this morning from the work cafe.  It's very yummy and perfect for starting my day

Healthy is defiantly good! I wish I had something like that, I work at an elementary school- no breakfast choices here unless I want applejacks. 

• Options
    I'm having cheetos rt now. Not the nest choice but hey... it is what it is.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Manx4Manx4 member
    During the week I have a high protein shake but lately it's not enough so I've been having an apple as well when my stomach starts grumbling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I either have 2 whole grain eggos with peanut butter and 2 slices of nitrate free bacon or I make a cheese omelet with cinnamon toast.  Right now, I'm all about the protein.
  • Options
    I had a bowl of cereal at 8, and now I'm starving again. About to make an egg and cheese sandwich.

* PG #1 2/26/09: mm/c 4/14/09 at 10w4d | PG #2 8/5/09: mm/c 9/29/09 at 11w3d (boy) * 
    * CP's 4/14/10, 9/1/10, 4/19/11, 5/24/11, 10/14/13, 11/16/13 *
    * Ectopic 1/17/14 - nothing on u/s at 6w4d * 
    * PG #7 BFP 12/21/11 - DD born 8/31/12 * 
    * DH Dx'd with balanced translocation in 2011 *

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I have a rotation of breakfasts. This week it has been a bagel w/ cc and a banana. Then a couple of hours later I eat some yogurt w/ granola in it. That usually carries me through lunch.

Last month it was an egg fritata type of thing I got from Brie's blog ages ago. They are a combo of eggs, egg whites, milk, and toppings baked in a muffin tin. They are a great grab and go meal. I usually just heat them up when I get to the office.

You can always do a crockpot or baked batch of oatmeal on a sunday and have breakfast for the week.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I had oatmeal with raisins and sliced almonds with 3 mini dark chocolate dove eggs. lol

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Manx4Manx4 member
    imageFlamingemu:

Last month it was an egg fritata type of thing I got from Brie's blog ages ago. They are a combo of eggs, egg whites, milk, and toppings baked in a muffin tin. They are a great grab and go meal. I usually just heat them up when I get to the office.

You can always do a crockpot or baked batch of oatmeal on a sunday and have breakfast for the week.

I'm loving BOTH of these ideas!  How smart are you?  I'm going to try this for sure!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

All I got down was OJ and then puked :( WTF! I have had nothing in weeks... grr.

Usually, I have OJ with my prenatal, then cereal, a glass of milk, and a fruit. Sometimes half of a bagel instead of the cereal. Mmm, bagels. 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have a bagel or english muffin with peanut butter, some sort of fruit, and OJ with fiber powder.  I then bring a yogurt or fruit or fiber granola bar to work with me to make it through until lunch.  Recently I have found the Jimmy Dean's light breakfast sandwiches to be amazing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I try to do something I can eat in the car while I'm commuting to work. Peanut butter toast, a bagel with cream cheese and a piece of fruit, fiber-plus chocolate chip Eggos that I just pop in the toaster and eat dry (no syrup or butter), a fruit cup from Chick-Fil-A, and along those lines.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Options
    So glad to hear I'm not the only one starving by lunch! I'm gonna pick up some pristine filled breakfast options, sounds like that will help fill me up. I'm hungry now after reading all this haha thanks for the tips :)
  • Options
    I try to vary what I have for breakfast just so I don't get in a rut, but I usually rotate between a bagel with jam or nutella, fruit and yogurt, or (my splurge) pop tarts.  I find that I am always hungry now, so I keep more fruit, nutrigrain bars, cheereos, and lots of water handy for snacking between breakfast and lunch.  Same thing for the afternoon after lunch too, snacks and water or tea (no sugar).  GL and happy pregnancy!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSarahJean0:
    imageLanibee:

Healthy is defiantly good! I wish I had something like that, I work at an elementary school- no breakfast choices here unless I want applejacks. 

Oh that is a bummer, applejacks wouldn't cut it for me either.  We are lucky that we have a full service cafe for breakfast and lunch.  So I often rotate through omelets, eggs, breakfast sandwiches, bagels and oatmeal.

At home though I usually just do oatmeal or a bagel.

image image
  • Options

I always eat a bowl of something before I get out of bed: special K, raisin bran, grits, or oatmeal usually.  Daddy-o makes this (thank you!).  There's usually soy milk involved, which adds some protein.

Then I have 2nd Breakfast on my way to work or when I get to work.  This might be: a small egg-n-cheese sammy, a bagel w/ cream cheese or butter, a pastry, a homemade muffin, oatmeal, a greek yogurt, and/or canned pineapple.

There's usually additional pre-lunch grazing that consists of some more of the above, or tangerines, saltines, and/or chocolate soy milk.

You guys are impressive with your healthy and pre-made breakfasts!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"