Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Easter basket/Egg hunt?

DH doesn't want to get DS anything for Easter, no egg hunt, no basket, nothing.  I get where he's coming from but it makes me a little sad.  I am one of those "totally over the top for every possible holiday" people.  I buy DS like 5 versions of "My first Christmas/New Years/ Easter/etc" outfits and bibs.  I know I'm ridiculous but does anyone else find it hard to not celebrate Easter just bc DS can't do an egg hunt?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Easter basket/Egg hunt?

• Options

I would do a basket.  We are, because we're staying at my in-laws, and my nieces and nephew would wonder why the Bunny didn't bring J something. 

That being said, there's no reason to not compromise if he feels that strongly about it.  Why not get a basket, but fill it with "useful" things, like a new book, food/snacks he eats, a swimsuit, new bath toys, etc?  That way, you can have pictures to remember his first Easter, but not go "totally over the top" lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got a basket that she will hopefully use for a few years.  I filled it with pjs, a bathing suit, spoons, a sippy cup, hairbows, puffs ( things she needed) and a stuffed lamb and my first easter bib just because i could not resist.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're doing a basket... we got DS a book, some puffs, one of those pouches of baby food, some wipes, and a chocolate bunny (although Mom will probably eat that :-)). We made him a stocking for Christmas too. I don't want him to look back and be like "Hey, why didn't I get anything?!" Plus it's just fun :-) So I'd say go ahead and make him a basket!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• Options

I made DD a basket too.  Like others have said, I filled it with useful things, or stuff she needed anyway - puffs, apple rice cakes and mum-mums for snacks, really cute skull socks, a little board book, a mini sock monkey (okay, maybe she didn't NEED that, but it was so cute!), and then I threw in a couple of empty plastic eggs for decoration.

I bought a nice basket, though, which I'm planning to use for her for years to come, and the plastic eggs, we'll put treats in to hide around the yard for egg hunts when she's bigger too.

I agree with everyone else - you can compromise and make LO a basket, without going over the top with stuff he won't remember anyway.

• Options
    DH has really scrooged me on about every holiday.  Christmas isn't even the same anymore.  Now I'm too tired to even care that I should care more!  I bought DD an Easter basket this year because I felt a little guilty about not, especially since the inlaws had already gotten her a little one.  She doesn't have a clue whether I do it or not.  That, plus maybe family dinner in a dress she already had, will be about the extent of it. 
  • Options
    We are doing a basket filled with baby sunglasses, swim diapers, a pair of sandal robeez and whatever Grandma buys. I know that he will not know the difference but it is his first Easter and I want to do something this year. We did not buy him a special outfit but he has some nice clothes so we can put together a cut spring outfit for him. I would tell DH to shove it and go buy DS a basket anyways! :) You can always put inexpensive toys in it like a small ball, binkie holder, etc.
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I got DD a nice basket that she'll use for a few years. Inside will go a little stuffed bunny, a new outfit, sunglasses, hairbows, baby genius dvd's and a book. Yikes....its a lot now that I write it down lol! We also bought her a nice new dress for church. Hubby is just as into it as I am, if not morr so :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    We made DD a small Easter Basket. I made her a book on Shutterfly of her first Zoo trip, I also got her a stuffed bunny and a bedtime book.
    Ella 8.6.11
    Carson 3.28.13
  • Options
    I got Charlie a reusable basket in the shape of a caterpillar and filled it with toys. We are doing an egg hunt with him just because he is crawling and into everything. He may not remember it but I am sure he will have fun finding colorful things he can actually play with(using real eggs)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Reading all these replies made me really happy and excited for Easter:) When I was growing up, my mom always did a basket for me... so I'm certainly doing it for Victor. I got him a nice monogrammed basket from personalization mall, that he will have every year. And like others have said, I got him useful things, plus a stuffed bunny (which I'll do every year), some bubbles, one of those pinwheel whirly-gigs, a dr suess book.. 

My husband never really celebrated it, but he's not against me giving him a basket. I'm totally like you... celebrate each holiday, get him a special outfit... hehe. I'm excited for this one, because it will be the first holiday dinner that he can actually eat! :)  

I like what PP above me said... "it matters to me."  

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"