September 2012 Moms
Options

Hello new here! And a few questions.

I have been reading all of the posts for a few weeks now and finally decided to join.  We just found out we are having a girl and are super excited. But before I register I should ask: I plan on breast feeding but how many bottles do we need? I plan on pumping as well. Also I'm for sure having a c-section and just wondering how you are able to breast feed with all of the pain meds and anesthesia in your system. 

Thanks,

Ceji 

Re: Hello new here! And a few questions.

• Options

Hi and welcome!

I didn't end up BFing, but I did have a c/s.  They encouraged me to try BFing immediately after the c/s, so there was obviously no concern about the drugs.  And ditto the pp- I wouldn't stock up on a ton of bottles.  Different babies like different bottles.  See what your likes, then go buy more of that.  We were at BRU with DS when he was a week and a half old, so there's no hurry to get it all before baby comes.

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member

Hi Welcome.

Agree to get a few different kinds of bottles to see what works best. If I had to do it over again, I would not have bought any of the smaller oz bottles. DS was drinking 6 oz before I knew it so the little ones seem like a waste.  You can put 2-4 oz in a big bottle when they are newborns.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awesome and thank you all! The starter kits make perfect sense. 
  • Options
    Welcome!  The advice I was given for bottles was to register for a few different kinds because you just don't know what your baby will like.  I don't know much about BFing and c-sections though.  Good luck with everything!
    ~ TTC cheerleader for the fabulously wonderful j&a09 ~
    ~ Much love and many prayers to Panderp ~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Blog ..... BFP Chart
  • Options

I agree with the pp. I am going off of what other moms on the bump have suggested and going to buy a few different kinds of bottles until I figure out which works best with the new baby. 

Also, I wouldn't stress over the c/s. I know plenty of people who had one and were able to start BFing immediately. I am pretty sure they don't give you meds that would interfere with being able to BF baby right away, as they always encourage starting the BFing routine early on.  

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    ***you could always bring up your concern about the BFing to your Dr though if you need reassurance!
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else, so just hello and welcome!
    Married ~ DD 2004 ~ 2 2nd tri losses ~ DS 2011 5 weeks 1 day early ~ DD2 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"