February 2012 Moms

Talk to me about Powder Formula vs Liquid Concentrate

Ive been told the liquid is better, why? Its definitely way more expensive thats for sure!

I started my lil guy on the liquid today in an attempt to try something new to ease his gas, so far it seems to sit way better with him.  He is not really spitting up anymore and burps better too.

What is your experience and what are you using?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Talk to me about Powder Formula vs Liquid Concentrate

• I am using powdered. Cost wise it's obviously the better choice (For me anyway).  Charlie doesn't seem to like the ready to feed formula. The few times that I have given it to him he cries through the feeding.  I have a case of ready to feed bottles that I keep in my diaper bag in case of emergency, but I usually do powdered. 

What kind of formula do you use? Babies R Us has a deal you can't beat. They selll 2 tubs of good start for 35 dollars, plus you can use coupons on top of that and they let you stack coupons. I usually end up with 2 tubs of good start for about 8-10 dollars by the time I am done with coupons. Now that I have discovered the world of trading coupons on the Bump I am sure that will only get better! haha

• The difference is apparently that the powdered is not sterile, while the liquid is.  The chances of anything being in there are so slim, but there is a chance with the powder.  Because of this we used liquid for the first month, and then switched to powder after that.  She was just so tiny for the first month, the idea of her getting any sickness was just too much.  The longest I've known anyone to go with the liquid is 3 months.  

We use similac advantage and we get the large powder containers from Costco.   

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Loading the player...
  • My lil guy is lactose intolerant so Im using the Enfamil Lactose free.  So far Im noticing a huge difference (since last night) in his lack of spitting up and inability to burp after the liquid formula.  Maybe I'll just keep him on it for a month or so and go back to the powder... The liquid cases here are 46.99 for 12 cans but yesterday it was on sale at a grocery store for 39.99 thats why I decided to just give it a try.

• My LO would choke and gag on powdered and loved the liquid. We were using the same exact kind, just in different forms. It was getting so expensive because he was going through a bottle of liquid a day. I decided to taste them both and there is a major difference in texture. The liquid is so much creamier. It didn't matter how well I mixed the powder, it was still sort of grainy and foamy.

I ended up buying Dr. Brown's formula mixing pitcher and it has been a life saver. It is only 11 or 12 bucks on Amazon. It makes the powder really creamy and eliminates almost all of the air bubbles. We've saved tons of money and he doesn't have issues with the powder anymore. Hope this helps!

• When we came home from the hospital they gave us a case and a half of the Similac Advanced 2 oz bottles and DS loved it; then we ran out so i decided to try the powder and he hated it so i went back to the liquid until our Dr. apt. So i told my ped. about it and she said it takes them about 2-3 days to get use to the new taste and texture of the powder. so i went back to powder since she switched his formula to Enfamil Gentlease for gas and spitting up issues and it took him about 24 hours (8 feedings) to get use to the powder. Good luck and dont give up on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"