TTC after 35

is it Progesterone or Pregnancy Symptoms

I had my 3dt on the 26th of March...the only symptoms I've had is extreme bloatedness after I eat and my nipples hurt bad...I could also see the bright blue veins on my breasts ...I'm just wondering if it's from the progesterone or actual pregnanc symptoms..I'm scheduled to go on Saturday to get my beta test..I tested yesterday the 1st and I could've fooled myself..it was a BFN...could it have been too soon?? is anyone having any similar symptoms??

Re: is it Progesterone or Pregnancy Symptoms

• Early pregnancy symptoms basically are progesterone symptoms -- so there's no way of judging by the symptoms at this point.  You took your HPT very early -- yesterday was only 9dpo if I'm calculating correctly.  I'd wait several days and test again (or wait for your beta). Good luck.
  • I wondered the same thing. I was on progesterone back in December when I did get pregnant. The FIRST thing I noticed was the blue veins. This caught my attention because in September when I got pregnant for the first time and was not on progesterone I noticed them as well. They put me on the progesterone because the first pregnancy never took off and had questionable implantation. I called my doctor and she said they were not a known symptom of either the progesterone or early pregnancy, but for me it was. Unfortunately, that was my only cycle with the progesterone and so I don't have one where I wasn't pregnant to compare that to. But for me, the darker blue veins do mean I'm pregnant. Good luck to you and I hope it means you are!
  • Loading the player...
  • I also agree with the previous poster that you took your test too early. I got an incredibly faint line on 11dpo with a Wondfo. They are highly sensitive. At 12 dpo I had a beta and the hcg was only at 20 so for some hpt's that's still too low. You're still in this! :)
  • I'm glad to hear all the positive responses....I have 4 days to go and this waiting is killing me...today my nipples are not as sensative as they have been in the past days...I did notice also that they are always sticking out LOL...Fingers crossed that this works this time.
  • Well I'm scheduled for my hcg beta on saturday and all my symptoms have vanished..makes me wonder what is going on...did this happen to any of ya'll??
  • Symptoms can come and go. I'd say as long as you don't get AF just hang in there until Saturday and good luck!
  • Well I went for my lab and it was a BFN!...Dr said to test again tomorrow or Wednesday & to still stay on the progesterone till then..what a bummer.  What makes him think that it'll turn positive by then? I have no symptoms at all.  My husband doesn't want to try it again.  He says that he doesn't want to see me go through this anymore.  I want to just one more time.

• hello everyone, im new here and had a question........ my fiance and i did our first IUI on tuesday (3 days ago), so im now in my 2ww. my doc put me on the progesterone suppositories, i read a little on this site about everyones experiences and how awful it made the majority of ladies feel. im kinda stressing because im not feeling the same symptoms (i may have just jinx myself)... im actually only feeling like i have discharge which doc told me about. Does no symptoms mean that its not working? or should i be thankful??? any info will help.
    me:33 Fiance: 34
    Diagnosis: DOR
    TTC since June 2013
    IUI #1---BFN
    IUI #2--- BFN
    IVF #1--- BFP on 4/5/2015
  • hello everyone, im new here and had a question........ my fiance and i did our first IUI on tuesday (3 days ago), so im now in my 2ww. my doc put me on the progesterone suppositories, i read a little on this site about everyones experiences and how awful it made the majority of ladies feel. im kinda stressing because im not feeling the same symptoms (i may have just jinx myself)... im actually only feeling like i have discharge which doc told me about. Does no symptoms mean that its not working? or should i be thankful??? any info will help.
    This thread you resurrected and posted on is over two years old, you would be better off to post your own new thread if you want responses.  Also, bumping up old threads like this can be hurtful as it brings back to the top of the board old posts, situations, and possibly tickers that could be hurtful reminders to some, so please make note of this the next time you search old posts.  Feel free to browse them, but please don't post on them.  

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"