September 2012 Moms
Options

Question re: CV and Amnio tests

So my NT scan results came back "normal" - do I still need to do the CV and Amnio testing? I have my 16 week appt on Thursday and I am planning on asking my dr. then, but I'm impatient and wondered what the experts here had to say. Thanks!

BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: Question re: CV and Amnio tests

• Options

My NT results were normal they took some blood to combine with the results and that was it... No further tests! 

AND they did promise to stop taking my blood until 27 weeks. I swore If they did it one more time I was never going back.  Tongue Tied

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I would not continue with further testing.  As I understand it, the NT scan helps you decide whether or not you should consider CVS or Amnio.  The only reason I can see having invasive tests done is if your results come back abnormal.  Plus, from personal experience, it sucks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's too late for you to have a CVS. I suppose you could get an amnio, but usually people don't go that route unless their first trimester screening comes back with an elevated risk or you're over age 35 and just want to know for sure.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    Unless you are at high risk for a genetic issue and/or your nt results were not normal, a cvs or amino is overkill. 

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"