September 2012 Moms
Options

Any 2+ moms who've had a breast reduction?

Sorry for the back-to-back posts. I keep meaning to post this one and forgetting. 

If any of you are out there, when did you find out if you could BF? If you couldn't, what was it like? This is probably the thing I am most nervous about :( TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any 2+ moms who've had a breast reduction?

• Options

I had a reduction in 2005 and I was able EBF my DS for 13 months. From what I've heard it depends on how the surgery was done. I was told I would have a 50/50 chance of BF after surgery.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    I was able BF for a bit, but had to supplement with formula. My milk came in a couple days after giving birth.  We eventually went formula because I was pumping  and it was too hard to keep my supply up (and it wasn't great to begin with).  I took an herbal supplement which did help with my supply.  To be honest it was a struggle, I am hoping to have more success this time around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just have one LO but did BF for 8 months. I had a reduction and implants, they cut completely around both nipples.

I had a tiny bit of supply issues and supplemented with formula some. I didn't have to supplement at night or first thing in the morning but did with just a few ozs during the day.

It was still worth it and I plan to EBF as much as I can with this LO.

GL! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Wasn't expecting this many replies - guess it's more common than I thought. 
  • Options

I am jealous of you once bigboobied mamas now lessthanbigboobied mamas...

It is my hope and my dream that I can get some of these sucks cut off.  I swear they are making my back malformed...

• Options
    imageblack.kat:

I am jealous of you once bigboobied mamas now lessthanbigboobied mamas...

It is my hope and my dream that I can get some of these sucks cut off.  I swear they are making my back malformed...

Me too!! :) Fear of not being able to breastfeed is what has held me off, but DH has promised me that as soon as I'm done with having babies I can get a bunch taken out and the rest made pretty again. At my largest after DS, I was a freakin M cup. I would be thrilled to go back to like an F or something reasonable like that. I think I would look weird with smaller boobs, but I want to be able to shop at at least some regular stores for cute bras!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"