Adoption

Reached our fundraising goal!

So happy and relieved right now!  Last night we received a $250 donation which put us over the top to meet our $35,000 goal!  Of that about $8,500 was out of pocket and the rest was from donations and fundraisers.  I can't even believe how generous our community is.

For those who are doing some fundraising for their adoptions I heartily recommend the book "Adopt without Debt" by Julie Gumm. This book was a huge source of inspiration for us as we saved and fundraised our little hearts out.  It only took about 5 months to reach our goal.  

For those interested, our fundraisers were: 

- jewelry sales: I taught myself how to hand-stamp jewelry and opened an etsy shop.  Via etsy and sales to my friends and family I raised about $1,600 dollars. 

- Fundraising Breakfast: we decided to do a breakfast rather than a dinner b/c people are already so busy in the evening and breakfast is super cheap to make (we did pancakes).  

- Online Auction.  Our friends and family donated goods and services and we hosted an online auction via 32auctions.com 

- we also did a t-shirt fundraiser, a greeting card fundraiser, and a coffee fundraiser (through justlovecoffee.com) which didn't raise big sums but definitely helped! 

Good luck to everyone who is fundraising. It is a lot of work but so worth it.  We could not have afforded to adopt otherwise! 

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
SA February 2011: Normal
RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
Court trip October 2012
Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden

Re: Reached our fundraising goal!

• That is so wonderful!! Congratulations! :-D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow!!! Congratulations.  I am so impressed... I've not known anyone that has fundraised to this extent.
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Loading the player...
  • What a blessing to you and this little boy!  I hope the rest of your journey goes quickly!!
  • That's amazing! Congratulations!  Hope your LO comes home soon!!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks so much!

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • imagejillianmb:
    So happy and relieved right now!  Last night we received a $250 donation which put us over the top to meet our $35,000 goal!  Of that about $8,500 was out of pocket and the rest was from donations and fundraisers.  I can't even believe how generous our community is.
    Wow! That is inspiring! We're just getting started with fundraising, so this makes me really excited. We only need about $15k, so your success gives me hope that we can do this.How did you go about soliciting donations? A letter? Did people mind that their donations weren't tax deductible?

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"