September 2012 Moms
Options

anyone that lives in KC, go to this store

YBS, "Your Baby Store".  it's located off of 14th and Clay (14th is off of Burlington) in North KC.  they carry display/floor models of everything from strollers, carseats, travel systems, cribs, rockers, dressers, bouncers, swingers, carriers, toddler car seats, changing tables, bassinetts, and play saucers.  my hairdresser (she's 9 weeks ahead of me) told me about it and we went to check it out yesterday.  the *exact* same convertible crib we want that retails for $250 was $85.  the fancy jogging stroller travel system (complete with car base) that I want retails for $250 and is $150 there.  bouncers were $60-70, swings about the same, dressers $80-100. 

we're *definitely going back as we get closer and need to start purchasing these items.  they get trucks in a couple times a week and their stock rotates quickly.  just thought I'd share!

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker "You are not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, and with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. You impoverish yourself if you forget this errand." - Woodrow Wilson

Re: anyone that lives in KC, go to this store

• Options
    how are they getting their prices that low??  I'm in Joplin! (HI!)

"I will show you the kind of big sister I will be..."
  • Options
    Thank you! Great find.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagektnicole:
    how are they getting their prices that low??  I'm in Joplin! (HI!)

good question!  from what I understand, all of their merchandise are display/floor models and/or slightly damaged.  for example, the crib we liked has a scratch on one of the lower legs and a couple of dings up top.  the stroller had a scratch where the toddler would have their feet, etc...

They also get discontinued items as well, hence the cheap prices.  I am thrilled to have found this store and can't wait to get back when we're ready to buy our big items.  The jogging stroller was baby trend with a swivel front wheel.  They also had chicco, graco, evenflo, etc, etc.  Bouncers were fisher price, baby trend, graco, even flo, OH, *and* the fancy pack and play by graco that we want was there for $80.  

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker "You are not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, and with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. You impoverish yourself if you forget this errand." - Woodrow Wilson
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip! I live in Lawrence so I will definitely check it out!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sweet deal! We need a crib, but I was just going to order one from Wal-Mart (the Graco Lauren). Might have to go check it out!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC Baby #2 - BFP on 12/14/11 @ 10DPO - CP confirmed 12/18/11
    BFP #2 on 1/13/12
  • Options

The prices sound so good, but I don't know if it's worth driving there from St. Louis. but if i'm visiting any of my friends there I will have to stop by and check it out.

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"