September 2011 Moms

Another 6mon appt

DS had his 6mon appt this week, and he's drastically slowed in his weight gain. He's only 13.9lbs, and 25.75in long. Pedi's not worried-yet. He says DA looks healthy, just long and lean. He wants us to come back for a weight check in a month. Anybody else have a lil string bean? Did their weight gain pick up? What did you do?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another 6mon appt

• Yep, Kellen is little.  But she always has been.  She hovered around the 20th percentile until this last week where she dropped to the 17th, but her pedi is not concerned.

• Our LOs are very close in size - DD is 13 lbs 1 oz and 25.5 inches. We will also be going back for a weight check in a week or so. Our pedi is having us put rice cereal in her milk in attempt to keep more of it down (she spits up excessively) but so far that doesn't seem to be making much of a difference. We were also told to give her as many solids as she wants and to give her a vitamin supplement, she recommended Poly-vi-sol from Enfamil. Glad to hear your son is looking healthy - hopefully he is just a peanut!

ETA: DD dropped from ~12th percentile in weight at her 4 month appt to <0 at her 6 month.  

• Loading the player...
  • E was in the 25th percentile for weight this time 14 lb 13 oz.  Pedi acted a bit concerned because he has dropped on the weight chart since the beginning.  Born at 9 lbs 8 oz.  He is already crawling all over the place and has been super active so pedi thinks that's probably why.  Plus my DH is a string bean and so is my dad's side of the family.

They want to see us back in 6 weeks for a weight check.  I'm not worried since he's meeting all his milestones and is gaining weight albeit a little slowly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"