Pregnant after a Loss

still nervous...

Does it go away? I know I only got my BFP 2 days ago, but every time I go to the bathroom, I get stressed thinking I'll see red. Today, I took another test to compare how quickly it turned positive compared to 2 days ago. Figuring if all was ok, it would be much quicker. Of course it lit up instantly. So yep, still in the running. Just scared. So those a lot further than me, when did you start to feel "safe"?

Re: still nervous...

• It's been off and on for me, some days I felt confident even in the first few weeks, and then my nerves will get to me sometimes even still.  I think seeing the baby and hearing the HB for the first time was a huge milestone and I felt much better after that.  Hang in there!  It does get easier...but I think you will always worry a little!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am 21 weeks with twins and I am a nervous wreck. I suffered two second trimester losses before .. one at 20 weeks and one at 24 so I am right in the middle of when I lost my other two. So my anxieties this past week have doubled .. then I have been having braxton hicks (I hope that what they are!) I am so scared ... I just don't want to lose my babies! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not further along than you, in fact I am right where you are, I got my BFP a few days ago too (congrats!) So I totally understand where you are right now.  I laughed when you said you took another test because I totally did the same thing, and probably will every few days until my first ultra-sound. (Crazy, maybe, slightly calming yes, so I don't care)  Anyway, hang in there, put your feet up, and try to find some good TV or a book to take your mind off it. (At least that is what I am doing. ) Smile 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm18 weeks and actually nervous to go to the dr. That's bad. 
    8/27/10 MC at 14 wks ~ 5/22/11 David was Stillborn at 23 wks Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm still peeing on sticks, almost two weeks later.
  • imagetheresat858:
    Honestly, I didn't feel 'safe' until the past few weeks - well past viability day, knowing that at this point, if she arrives early, chances are good for her survival... but I did start to feel less nervous with each passing milestone - seeing the heartbeat, the NT scan, the A/S, etc.  During the first tri, the only way I got through was to keep myself as busy as possible with non-baby-related things.  And yes, I compulsively checked the TP every day.

this. i am still nervous but i dont think i will ever stop being nervous its a mom thing Big Smile 

started ttc: june 2011 BFP:10/30/11 natural m/c 11/3/11 BFP:2/4/12 natural m/c 2/8/12 BFP: 3/9/12 EDD: nov.14th 2012 beta#1: 998 beta#2: over 2,000 HR:120bpm stick baby stick :) staying positive :)BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you ladies for the answers! I am happy to hear I am not alone....especially when I already feel like an obsessed crazy lady!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"