October 2012 Moms

Funny or just stupid?

So I was thinking of doing an April fools joke tomorrow, and put up an ultrasound picture of triplets up and say something like "We had an early ultrasound!" And then in the place where the mom's name goes, I would type in April Fools! so that they would have to click on the picture to really get it....

Funny or stupid? 

ETA: I'd put it up on Facebook.... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Funny or just stupid?

• Seeing as I have friends with major fertility issues, I'd find it insensitive to do that.
  • I had a patient that printed off a picture of triplets and brought it in actually claiming that they were hers. When she got her u/s and ours only showed one baby she didn't believe it and completely freaked out, social services had to come in with her doc and talk to her for a couple hours. Bc of that, I think it's weird.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsRabb:
    I had a patient that printed off a picture of triplets and brought it in actually claiming that they were hers. When she got her u/s and ours only showed one baby she didn't believe it and completely freaked out, social services had to come in with her doc and talk to her for a couple hours. Bc of that, I think it's weird.

Indifferent  omg, that's crazy!

• imageMrsRabb:
    I had a patient that printed off a picture of triplets and brought it in actually claiming that they were hers. When she got her u/s and ours only showed one baby she didn't believe it and completely freaked out, social services had to come in with her doc and talk to her for a couple hours. Bc of that, I think it's weird.

So she seriously believed she was having three babies?? 

• Can't quote on my phone, but yea, completely convinced herself of triplets. In her ob visits she had never mentioned any of these thoughts to get doc, just took it upon herself to print the pics for herself and when she came to the hospital us.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Nah, I wouldn't do it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Odd man out... I think it's funny!!
  • I'm not a big fan of jokes around pregnancy (mostly due to fertility issues / friends with fertility issues), so I wouldn't do it.
    Cecilia arrived 12 October 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you did something to make it more obvious it was a joke, like photoshop faces of your favorite celebrities on there or something, then I think it would be ok. Wink
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Maybe it's because of my infertility, but I think pregnancy related jokes are cruel and inconsiderate.
    TTC since Jan. 2010 DX Unexplained infertility
    3 IUI's w/Clomid & Ovidrel=all BFNs
    3 IVF (2 Fresh, 1 frozen) =BFN
    Jan 2012 New RE & Fresh Cycle =BFP!

TTC #2 October 2014
    Meet with RE March 2015
    2 Frozen & 1 Fresh IVF= BFNs
    September 2015 Frozen ET=BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageMrsRabb:

Sweet Jesus. That lady is cray cray.  

• I am not a fan of April Fools period.
  • imageSarahW44:
    I am not a fan of April Fools period.

This!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CnAnACnAnA member

imagePolishWonder:
    Seeing as I have friends with major fertility issues, I'd find it insensitive to do that.

This.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • CnAnACnAnA member

imagesushisamba:
    I'm not a big fan of jokes around pregnancy (mostly due to fertility issues / friends with fertility issues), so I wouldn't do it.

This too.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • imageelisbu:
    Odd man out... I think it's funny!!

Lol! I think if I end up doing it, I'll do what a pp said and post faces of people in with the picture. I probably won't do it anyway, just because I don't think it would be funny to people, just confusing. 

• imagePolishWonder:
    Seeing as I have friends with major fertility issues, I'd find it insensitive to do that.

Sadly alot of woman on the TTCAL board have actually had to delete their friends because of things like this. It would be really hard on anyone trying to have a baby, and just couldn't for whatever reason.

• morkmork member

imagesushisamba:
    I'm not a big fan of jokes around pregnancy (mostly due to fertility issues / friends with fertility issues), so I wouldn't do it.

This. I think pregnancy jokes are really insensitive, and often hurt people with infertility and/or loss issues. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • imageelisbu:
    Odd man out... I think it's funny!!

This.  I think it's funny too.

• imagemork:

imagesushisamba:

This. I think pregnancy jokes are really insensitive, and often hurt people with infertility and/or loss issues. 

Agreed.  I have a friend who I KNOW is not pregnant who just "announced" on facebook today that she was 11 weeks pregnant (assuming she thinks it's a hilarious April Fool's joke).  I wanted to punch her.  There's something about making light of fertility... it's such a struggle for some, and some of us have dealt with loss, too.  It's just not funny. Of course, I don't even like REAL facebook pregnancy announcements, so I could be a bit biased.  

Also, her specific announcement of "I'm 11 weeks pregnant" really rubbed me wrong because I'm almost 13 weeks pregnant, and I feel like it's been a struggle and an accomplishment to stay pregnant this long (after losing a pregnancy last year just shy of 9 weeks).  It's just such a touchy subject.  Why make light of it? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't know if you ladies have seen it, so I figured I would put it on this post as well (not the exact same thing, but same basic message).

I am very sorry that I offended most of you. That was definitely not my intention and I am thankful that you told me that my April Fool's Day "joke" would not have come off funny to any of you. That's what my original post was about; to see if it would have come off funny, which it didn't. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"