May 2012 Moms

Making a Birth Plan?

At my upcoming appointment my doctor said we'll be discussing my birth plan, however, I'm not really sure what all is going to be discussed. I'm not going natural, and will be accepting the epidural. 

What other decisions will be expected of me to make? Or, do I have rights to make certain requests, etc? 

Has anyone gone through theirs yet with your doc? 

Thanks in advance!! 

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Making a Birth Plan?

• I used babycenter.com's birth plan worksheet as a guideline/checklist of what I wanted/didn't want.  It goes over who you may or may not want in the room with you, pushing options, if you want an episiotomy or not, c-sections, chord blood banking, newborn feeding, etc... I'm planning on a natural birth so I'm sure my birth plan looks completely different from how your plan will look.  Good Luck!

https://www.babycenter.com/calculators-birthplan 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • To be honest, when I talked to my doctor she said I don't really need one.   I am kind of a control freak and I know myself pretty well.  I know that if something doesn't go my way I will be really disapointed and focus on that instead of the birth.  So I am not making a birth plan at all except to get the epideral and go with the flow because anything could happen.  I don't know if that was much of a help but that is my birth plan.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow! Okay- well looks like I have some reading to do!

Thank you ladies so much for the info!!

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"