Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Moms of 3 or more

If you were on the fence about having more than two kids how did you decide?

I know that only DH and I can decide what is right for us and even if we were to have more it'll  be at least a year before we try so this is mostly just curiosity. I'm just so torn about if I want more kids. There are so many great things about stopping here - more time and resources for each kid, easier in terms of traveling, smaller car, etc. I think two is nice and manageable and our little family is awesome as is. However a big part of me keeps leaning towards going for #3. Even knowing it'll make things more complicated, etc.  Im just curious how others came to their decision.  

DD february 2010 | DS october 2011

*please excuse my typos, bumping from my iphone*

Re: Moms of 3 or more

• I know you are looking for moms of 3 or more, but I just know deep down I want more kids.  We are financially stable and we want another.  Im happy driving my minivan and paying for three extra plane seats.  or even more.  I guess I just know.

I would say that you are only 5 months in on number 2 maybe you just need a little more time to know for sure :) 

I will say at 6 months post partum with number two I was still on the fence, because of the high demand of a baby and just being exhausted.  My thoughts are different now that my daughters are both toddlers. 

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • When I had my 2nd, I was decidedly done.  By the time my son got to be about 2, I was wavering on that. . . and when he was about 3, my ambivalence led to lax handling of birth control and an unexpected pregnancy.  That pregnancy ended in a miscarriage - but by that point (I was 7 1/2 weeks along), we had come to accept and even get excited by the prospects of a third child.  We then had 3 more miscarriages before our very much planned third. 

I doubt we'll have more, but am unwilling to close the door on the idea. . . however, I have found I am much more delighted and ready to give away all of our baby stuff.  I suspect this means that we're truly done this time.  

• Loading the player...
  • imagerosesandpeonies:

I know you are looking for moms of 3 or more, but I just know deep down I want more kids.  We are financially stable and we want another.  Im happy driving my minivan and paying for three extra plane seats.  or even more.  I guess I just know.

I would say that you are only 5 months in on number 2 maybe you just need a little more time to know for sure :) 

I will say at 6 months post partum with number two I was still on the fence, because of the high demand of a baby and just being exhausted.  My thoughts are different now that my daughters are both toddlers. 

I totally agree with this. I didn't even begin to entertain the thought of another pregnancy until very recently when my daughter passed 1. I think sometimes sleep deprivation makes it tough to make a decision. lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerosesandpeonies:

I know you are looking for moms of 3 or more, but I just know deep down I want more kids.  We are financially stable and we want another.  Im happy driving my minivan and paying for three extra plane seats.  or even more.  I guess I just know.

I totally agree with this. I didn't even begin to entertain the thought of another pregnancy until very recently when my daughter passed 1. I think sometimes sleep deprivation makes it tough to make a decision. lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm pregnant with my 3rd now, and for me, I wanted to 'feel done' at 2 because I knew life would be easier for all the reasons you listed. But I just didn't feel done, and knew I'd regret it later in life if I didn't have a 3rd, even if life would have been easier for the forseeable future with just 2 kids.
    Aidan Jake 7/25/08 Cooper Cole 7/27/10 Tessa Morgan 8/9/12
  • #3 was totally unplanned.  We were on the fence about a 3rd.  #4 and #5 were planned.  With #5 I wasn't overly wanting another child - DH wanted to try for 1 more.  We decided to try for 4 months and then talk about it again if I wasn't pregnant.  Two weeks after stopping birth control I decided - NO, I don't want a fifth.  Two weeks later I found out I was pregnant.  So that is how #5 came about - and I don't regret him one little bit.  Every child adds so much to your lives.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"