October 2012 Moms
Options

Bragging about husband (caution: talks about me getting sick)

I have to take a second and just brag about my DH. Right now he is busy doing dishes while I lay down and try now to throw up again. He also made dinner in a crockpot, but that is not what makes him the super hero of the day...

On the way to the inlaws this afternoon I lost my stomach in a paper bag that leaked all over his car. I expected him to at the very least to be annoyed, but he just kissed my forehead and told me not to worry.

When we got to the inlaws (finally) I went to go clean up myself (seriously so gross, it came up my nose and was in my hair). My husband without saying a word cleaned out the car, threw away the bag, and febreezed. He also put a towel down just in case I got sick on the way back. I want to show him how thankful I am for all his help. Any ideas? 

Re: Bragging about husband (caution: talks about me getting sick)

• Options
    So sweet!  I haven't thrown up yet, but I can guarantee my husband would NOT react how yours did.  He's a sympathy spewer, which is the last thing we need.
    My pregnancy blog: Great Texpectations BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    So sweet of him!!!!  Today is my hubs bday and all he has done most of the day is tend to me and my pukiness. If you come up with some good reward please let me know!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband is super supportive like this also. He hold's my hair and helps me clean up after getting sick. I have offered to take him out or buy him a present for helping out so much around the house and being so supportive but he always refuses. He says it's the least he can do and wishes he could take my symptoms for a few days so I could get a break. So I genuinely thank him for everything. From dishes to laundry to cleaning up after me, I make sure to tell him how grateful I am to have him taking care of me. Little things like a rubbing his back/neck when I walk by him doing the dishes seem to convey my message too. Guys love to feel needed and to know that they are the provider and fixer of all problems, so I play that up.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    morkmork member
    You have a wonderful husband!  I'm not sure on thank you ideas, but definitely let him know that you appreciate how awesome he is!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"