Food Allergy

Suspected milk sensitivity/allergy. Advice needed!

Okay. Through process of elimination, I think my daughter may have an allergy, or best case, a sensitivity to milk. I say I *think*, because she can eat cheese and full fat yogurt, without any issue.

So about a week after she turned one we started to transition DD to WCM. It just happened to coincide with her being on antibiotics for her first ear infection. She started to get a yeast rash after her first antibiotic poop. No biggie, it was expected. Started her on probiotics and finished her 10 day course of meds.

Now I have a history of environmental allergies, and DH food allergies, so we took the transition to WCM slowly. At about 1.5-2 weeks she was fully transitioned to milk. Around that time she developed a rash all over her arms and legs. We were worried about allergies so took her to the Dr. The nurse practitioner told us she didn't think it was an allergy to milk since DD wasn't having any diarrhea, and didn't seem to have an upset stomach.

Fast forward a week. The rash on her arms and legs is not as red, but is still present, and that yeast rash is still there, has not gotten any better. We've done Monistat, switched to Lotrimin (which I find is crap, but I was desperate). We do baking soda baths, naked bum time, and tons of zinc oxide cream.  I've also noticed (sorry, might be TMI) but she has a definite allergic ring around her anus. It is super red. She hasn't had any other different foods. The only constant newer thing is the milk.

Out of desperation we bought a few cans of formula (she was EFF before the milk) to try. I'm going to call our Dr on Mon, but I thought I would ask all of you for your thoughts in the meantime.

TIA

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Suspected milk sensitivity/allergy. Advice needed!

• Is milk the only change? That sounds like a reaction to me. 
  • My LO gets the same exact ring around his anus when he drinks milk, as well as the rash on his body. He also can eat yogurt and things made with cheese, but not plain cheese. The nurse also told me that she didn't think it was the milk, or that he would "grow out of it", but the rashes continued. So against her advice I tried soy milk (he was on a soy-based formula prior) and Viola' all symptoms gone. He now drinks only soy and seems to be doing much better. 

Also Resinol, it's a skin cream you can get at most drug stores, works wonders on ALL diaper rashes. it cleared his up overnight. Good luck!!!!

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the suggestions.

We've taken her off all WCM, and are limiting all other dairy. 

I'll have to check and see if our drugstore carries that ointment.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• my son is on soy milk...silk milk in fact and is doing great. double the calcium no gmo's...give it a try....dont think you have anything to lose. he was on isomil formula and easy transition to silk. he also had a light rash on his cheeks but nothing alarming. if he drinks whole milk he will get hives and throw up everywhere...yet he eats cheese and yogurt.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"