Breastfeeding

Question about pumping and nursing

After nursing , when should I pump? Or am I supposed to pump? I'm making an appointment to see a LC this week but I thought I could ask here . I had been EPing but for the last three days I have gotten back into mostly BFing. How does this work?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question about pumping and nursing

• My LC advises not to pump until four weeks unless you need to be away from the baby, to relieve engorgement or if there is a problem with nursing. If bf is going well, I would stick with that exclusively to establish your supply until you meet with the LC. 
  • imageAllAGs:
    My LC advises not to pump until four weeks unless you need to be away from the baby, to relieve engorgement or if there is a problem with nursing. If bf is going well, I would stick with that exclusively to establish your supply until you meet with the LC. 

This. If you don't think you are producing enough, like me, my LC said to do a three sided feed with at least 10 minutes on each side. So if you start on the right, you would do right, left, right. Then at the next feeding, start on your left. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • So far I have just been pumping to help with engorgement, usually once in the morning and once at night.

With DS, I started pumping right after every feeding (except over night) to build up my freezer stash. I started this when he was maybe 4 weeks old. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"