Special Needs

PIP: Saturday brag!

This morning we went with DS to a special needs daycamp.  The kids get to ride horses, fish, and do a seasonal craft.  There were about 9 kids there today.  Quinn  was one of several who had ASD.

He fished, caught fish (which they threw back) and TOUCHED a fish!  And most importantly he RODE a horse!  It was amazing to see.  He rode the horse for at least 15 minutes and was calm and smiling the entire time.  This is a child who doesn't ever sit still for longer than a minute or two and is rarely calm.  He also let strangers help him ride the horse.  DH laughed at me because I teared up while he was on the horse.

That's my baby!  They offer therapeutic private riding lessons which I am going to look into for him as well :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PIP: Saturday brag!

• Yay! What a beautiful picture, he is absolutely glowing! I am so happy for all of you.
  • Simply awesome!  I totally get tearing up at this sight - heck this picture makes ME tear up. 

I'm looking into some social skills groups / camps for this summer and I would love to find one that has horses.

• Loading the player...
  • That is awesome! Our therapy center had a Western Days event last weekend & DS also rode a horse. We had the same experience, he was so calm & sat so still, it was incredible! 

I agree with Auntie, horses + kids can be a great combination. Hippo can be used to treat so many different things & we are going to look into it again for DS.

Congrats!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • He looks so happy up there!  I've heard that getting our kids on horses can be a great thing and now seeing this picture, I'm definitely going to look into that some more.  My DS also won't stay still for more than 10 seconds at a time.

And yes, for the record, I got teary looking at this pic.  So cute! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"