3rd Trimester

No heartburn yet, but WORST indigestion EVER

Is anyone else having problems with this and is there anything you can do to help it? It feels like the food I eat is just stuck in my esophagus and won't go down into my stomach at all. Sorry for the TMI but it tries to come right back up and I just sit and burp for hours...ughhhhhhhh! I have been trying to eat small amounts at a time instead of larger meals and it doesn't really make a difference. Even when I eat soft things like yogurt it happens. It wakes me up in the middle of the night too. I'm 35 weeks but this started around week 32/3ish and just keeps getting worse. I'm so glad I'm in the home stretch because I don't even want to eat anything anymore which I know is not an option. Suggestions or just sympathy please! LOL. TIA.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: No heartburn yet, but WORST indigestion EVER

• Goodness yes! I can totally relate. I try to drink water to help alleviate but all I can do is sympathize, hopefully someone has a good suggestion. It's terrible!
  • The only thing that helps me is to not eat past 8:00 and to take a couple of Maalox tablets, like Tums right before bed.  I used to have it so bad in the middle of the night that I would wake up aspirating because it would back up into my lungs!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •     
  • Ugh! It's like a giant liquid fireball in my throat. I totally understand. I have figured out what some of the trigger foods are so I try to stay away from those especially close to bedtime. 

I always have Tums handy and I actually have started propping myself up to sleep at night. One of my friends is a few weeks ahead of me (I'm 31) and she has started sleeping in a recliner in her living room. 

You totally have my sympathy! I could never understand why women were always in such a hurry to get these baby's out. Why not enjoy your pregnancy? But then I hit the 3rd and that's when it all went downhill so while I want my lil guy to stay put until June 1st, I now understand wanting to get the 3rd and it's yuckiness over with lol. 

• Tums might help. Also do a google search for foods to avoid with acid reflux. My DD has a list that we use to help her avoid foods that may trigger a problem before bedtime.

Mine has been getting bad enough that my doctor gave me a prescription for Zantac so I can get some sleep.

DD 5/03
    DS 1/06
    Surprise baby girl 6/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards