Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Suggestions to relieve constipation???

LO hasn't pooped in about 2 days. Normally I wouldn't be too worried but she's very uncomfortable. I diluted 1 tsp prune juice with 3 oz water-she drank about 1 1/2 oz of that so far but it's not helping. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how I might help her poop? TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!

Re: Suggestions to relieve constipation???

• You can add about a tsp of karo syrup to her formula/breast milk bottle. Cleaned my little girl right out lol. Her doc suggested it when we first tried solids, because she became SUPER fussy and I realized she hadn't pooped. Stuff worked like a charm! I had to do it with 2 bottles, and then I sae results (did it with her bottle at bedtime, then in the am. She had BM in the afternoon)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Pears always work for us Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • white grape juice, prune juice and Karo syrup worked for us.
  • Pear juice is another juice option you could try.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • raw mango... no skin.... just mash it up and serve.  baby will love it and don't feed it to LO with cereal.  feed JUST mango, and then she should poop... then you could carry on with the meal and add cereal. works every time for us.
    {May Siggy Challenge}
    Favorite TV mom: Janelle's Mom

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Flor Maria
  • our little guy has been suffering from reoccurring constipation for about 2 months now.  Our doc had us give him 1/2 tsp of milk of magnesia to start.  That always works within a day usually.  Unfortunately when we stop giving it to him he gets constipated again. 

so we give him 2 oz of prune juice in the morning and also make sure he gets solids with lots of fiber (prune, plums, pears, green beans, peas) and then we now put 1 tsp of the milk of magnesia in his pm bottle.  we had to up the dosage to 1 tsp when he started solids.  

our ped was not too concerned, said that a lot of babies suffer from constipation especially right before becoming mobile and that they will grow out of it.  she has instructed us to keep up this ritual for 4-6 weeks and then hopefully he will be good.

when your baby finally does poop see how hard her poop is.  not going for two days doesn't necessarily mean she is constipated, its the consistency of the poop.  

• I know you said you tried prune juice.. but what about just introducing prunes? My dd was having a little difficulty, so I introduced prunes today and it worked.
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• We give her a container, we use Plum Organics, of pears or prunes everyday to help her keep things moving.
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • Can you try feeding her some prune pur?e? That worked for us! (maybe too well, you've been warned!)
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Pears or pear juice. Also, check his temp rectally, just be prepared for an immediate result.
  • Since weaning DD, she struggles with constipation. I give her prunes or pears daily.  I also add 1-2 oz of prune juice to one of her bottles daily.  Pear juice seems to work the best, though.  I add 2 oz of pear juice to 2 oz of water. She typically doesn't drink the whole bottle and we see results within 6 hrs. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"