Breastfeeding

anyone have a breast reduction and then breastfeed?

I had a reduction in 2006, and am having twins soon. I've had a tiny bit of leaking and dry/sore nipples, which I think is a good sign. But just wondering if others had success after a reduction?
Married 07/2011 <3
ID Twin girls 04/2012 <3<3
Baby #3 Due Jan. 2017  <3

Re: anyone have a breast reduction and then breastfeed?

• adp23adp23 member
    I had a breast reduction and breast feeding was not successful for me. Baby was basically starving the first week because I was not producing enough milk. I switched to formula but starting pumping like crazy to try and produce some milk. I am up to pumping 10 ounces a day, which doesn't seem like a lot, but I am really proud of! I worked with many lactation consultants and they all said that everyone who has had a breast reduction turns out differently. I hope you have more positive results than I did!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had breast reduction surgery in 2009 and have been breast feeding exclusively since my daughter was born in November - it absolutely can be done successfully! I would recommend getting a supply of fenugreek, blessed thistle, and mothers milk tea before you deliver and start taking immediately after you get home from the hospital. Also rent a hospital grade pump (I loved the medela symphony) and pump, pump, pump! My LC recommended that I pump for 10 minutes after every daytime feed for the first 2 weeks to get a strong supply started - exhausting but well worth it! Good luck to you and your little one!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got one in 2008 and am having success!  I heard that if you didn't have your nipple removed then your chances of success are greater.

TTC since 4/2009 I'm 30, DH is 33
    Stage IV endo on ovaries
    IVF 6/2011- 14 eggs, 12 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, 0 frosties
    Mason Lucas 3/4/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got one in 2003 and have EBF dd so far.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

***Nestie Bestie w/ TheDeatons***

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"