May 2012 Moms

Adalyn's First Concert! *Update 3/31*

Hello ladies!! I can't believe that Adalyn is 8 weeks old today! Her progress, although slow, has been coming along.  She is down to 1.5L of regular flow oxygen, a little on the high side of 40%.  She is getting her feeds over 45 minutes.  They tried to do it over 30 minutes yesterday, but it proved to be too much for her--desatted a few times.  Today she has been getting them over 45 minutes and has had no problems.  She is up to 4 pounds 3 ounces and the Preemie diapers are starting to actually fit her! Soon they'll be too small and she'll need the Newborn ones! Smile

I also signed consent for her to get her first set of vaccinations! She'll get them when she is 60 days old (Wednesday) over 2 days.  She will be getting vaccinated against Pneumococcal, polio, Hep B, DTP, and Hib-- 7 diseases in 3 shots (DTP is for 3 diseases, diptheria, tetanus, and pertussis).  She will get the DTP, Hib, and polio in 1 shot (pediarix) and Hep B separate on one day.  Then, she will get Prevnar (pneumococcal) the next day. 

Adalyn also attended her first concert today given by her daddy! This past summer, for our 5 year anniversary, we went to Hawaii.  While we were there, DH became interested in ukeleles, since you see and hear them pretty much everywhere.  DH plays guitar and was interested in this instrument.  We thought about buying one while we were there, but the ones that weren't play/souvenir ones that we saw were like $700! So, for Christmas, I bought him a decent ukelele (nothing fancy)--really, a beginner's one--to mess around with.  So today we brought the ukelele to the hospital to play for Adalyn, to see how she liked it. She LOVED it!

DH basically picked at it and played some random melodies, etc.  He also figured out how to play Yankee Doodle Dandy, and Adalyn enjoyed the whole thing!  She was awake for some of it and slept for the rest.  I could tell she like it because her face was relaxed, and the monitors showed me that her heartrate was low and her sats were high.  We did this for about 3 hours--the time between her 11am and 2pm Hands On. 

DH looks so silly playing the ukelele since it is so small.  However, I told him, tiny baby=tiny guitar. :) When she's bigger and is home, we'll try her out on the big guitar. However, I think that the ukelele will always be soothing. :) 

Have a great weekend everyone! 

IMAG0334
TTC Since July 2008.
Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
FET 1 3/2013 BFN
FET 2 5/2013 BFN
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Adalyn's First Concert! *Update 3/31*

• Aww, glad she liked it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • ebl2ebl2 member
    So sweet and such a pretty young lady! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • The story of Daddy playing the ukelele brought tears to my eyes. Love it!  Happy 2 month old day, Adalyn! So excited to see how far you've come baby girl!!!
    Julie... Mommy to a beautiful baby girl & 2 handsome boys!! image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJuleslynn79:
    The story of Daddy playing the ukelele brought tears to my eyes. Love it!  Happy 2 month old day, Adalyn! So excited to see how far you've come baby girl!!!

Ditto. While I've always believed in miracles, your story is truly inspiring. 

• AWWW! Too sweet! Are you journaling her stay in the hospital? I can understand if not because I can only imagine how hectic this all can be. But if you are, these stories will be a treasure to her and both of you years from now! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What a sweet memory that I'm sure she'll love to share with others when she's older!  I can only imagine that they'll have a concert together once she's big enough to hold one herself!
  • DrRxDrRx member
    imagePdxmom73:
    AWWW! Too sweet! Are you journaling her stay in the hospital? I can understand if not because I can only imagine how hectic this all can be. But if you are, these stories will be a treasure to her and both of you years from now! 
    Yes! I'm keeping a copy of what I post on here as well as email updates that I write.  I'm not sure what I will do with it all (scrapbook, etc) but the raw material I'm keeping on multiple hard drives. 
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • So awesome!!!  She's doing soo great!!!  As always cont to be in my thoughts and prayers!!!  Love the updates!!  Keep em coming!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Such a cute story for the baby book! Glad she's doing well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • pg512pg512 member
    Awwwww....sooo sweet!!!  I wish I could've seen that :-)  So, so happy that Adalyn is doing well.  Any word on when she gets to go home?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Happy 8 week birthday, Adalyn!!! Glad to hear she liked her seranade :-)
    --Danielle :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Happy 8 week birthday, Adalyn! Thank you for the update. Glad she is doing well - can't wait until she makes it into the newborn diapers!
  • Yay Ady..you are such a big girl. I know this question gets old, but do they give you a time frame at all on when she would be able to go home. I know taking all her feeds by mouth is a big milestone, but I know every hospital is different!
    1st Iui+Clomid+Ovidrel 8-13-11 BFP
    Beta @ 16dpiui=289
    Beta @20dpiui=1309
    Beta @24dpiui=3969
    IT'S A GIRL..MADELYNN ELIZABETH
    Madelynn Elizabeth born 31w6d's due to pre e.
    Welcome to the world princess!
    3-9-12
    3.7lbs/ 17 inches
  • imageDrRx:
    imagePdxmom73:
    AWWW! Too sweet! Are you journaling her stay in the hospital? I can understand if not because I can only imagine how hectic this all can be. But if you are, these stories will be a treasure to her and both of you years from now! 
    Yes! I'm keeping a copy of what I post on here as well as email updates that I write.  I'm not sure what I will do with it all (scrapbook, etc) but the raw material I'm keeping on multiple hard drives. 

You could make it all into a really awesome book: https://www.blurb.com/

• Glad she is doing well! Her dad playing the ukelele made me go awww and put a big smile on my face...Thank God for husbands!
  • My BIL plays a ukelele for our nephew and he gets so excited and loves it! My husband plays the guitar for our baby already so I think he will like it once he is on the outside too.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • PellyPelly member
    That is so cute! How fun that she liked it. Smile
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • She is the best! And your husband playing for her is just precious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"