Pregnant after a Loss

Using Cleaning Products?

So, I probably should have asked this before I cleaned my bathroom. I just got done cleaning my bathroom with a solution of bleach/water. I had the fan on the whole time and left several times to get fresh air (no window in bathroom). Good news, the bathtub looks great!! My mom(pretty good sourse of pregnany advice Wink) and everywhere online said it was ok to work with bleach while PG. I always feel like us PGAL's are always the exception to everything lol! I read online a lot of exposure to heavy cleaning products can be bad, but do you think this 1 time was probably ok? Should I avoid using certain products until after the baby comes?

On another note, my poor DH just slammed his thumb with a hammer in the other room. I heard "OUCH explative explative"... Gotta love Spring Cleaning!!

Married: 9-25-09
BFP #1: 8-24-11 MMC: 8 weeks 6 days D&C
BFP #2: 12-9-11 Beautiful DD Born: 8-19-12
BFP #3: 8-22-13 Chemical Pregnancy: 4 weeks
BFP #4: 1-1-14 Praying Daily for H&H 9 Months
~Always Remembering our Angel Babies~

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Using Cleaning Products?

• Our family avoids all toxic cleaning products on the house, me pregnant or not.  They're not great for pets, children, or adults to inhale or to absorb through the skin.  I use Babyganics, Earth's Best, or my own cleaning products made with baking soda, vinegar, and hot water.  It's cheaper, safer for living things, and doesn't pollute the water table.  :)  But I'm quite sure after your one bathroom cleaning session that you will be just fine.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • I use Method products.  The pink grapefruit cleaning spray is amazing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sure one time wouldn't hurt, but I would make a habit out of it. I always make sure I wear dish washing gloves when I use cleaning products (I like soft scrub for the bathroom), as to not get it on my skin.
    photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • I've been slowly switching to more eco-friendly cleaning products. I've been using baking soda and vinegar to clean the bathroom for a while now. It works great and no harmful chemicals and not bad for the environment.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's Method and Mrs Meyers for me for the last year and the next 9 months.

• Thanks guys! I will deffinately start to incorporate the eco-friendly/homemade cleaning products into my cleaning routine! Smile
    Married: 9-25-09
    BFP #1: 8-24-11 MMC: 8 weeks 6 days D&C
    BFP #2: 12-9-11 Beautiful DD Born: 8-19-12
    BFP #3: 8-22-13 Chemical Pregnancy: 4 weeks
    BFP #4: 1-1-14 Praying Daily for H&H 9 Months
    ~Always Remembering our Angel Babies~

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"