Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

New here - or back after six years - just wanted to say HI

Hello - a long time ago, when it was just theknot.com - I was a member for planning my wedding and then on the baby boards after. There was no thebump.com then! It is so nice to see so many subcommunities now!

Anyway, my daughter is six years old now and my husband and I have decided that we would like to add to our family. We have been TTC the old fashioned way for about 3 months. I haven't started charting or OPKs, although that is what worked for us last time, because I am afraid of going nuts. Before I conceived my daughter, I suffered two losses, right in a row. 09/2004 and 10/2004. My husband MADE me take a break in Nov and my daughter was conceived in 12/2004. I know that was not smart or healthy, but the result was wonderful. I am afraid that if I start charting again, I may go over to the dark side. I have a bit of an obsessive personality. I know I am already slipping by being on these types of message boards. It's honestly only a matter of time. And it's not that I think that people who chart are nuts, obviously. I just take things too far. It became a single minded obsession, and I would really like to try to avoid that.

I can't really say what made us wait this long before thinking about having a baby. We were just really content with our little family. And it is not that I am not content now, just thinking that we have room for one more.

Married 07-02-2004
MC 09-11-2004
MC 10-22-2004

My beautiful daughter was born 08-31-2005

Cycle 4 of TTC #2
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: New here - or back after six years - just wanted to say HI

• Options
    Welcome! I can understand where you're coming from with the getting a little obsessive about the charting thing. Sometimes I feel like it makes me crazy, but in the end i'm glad I do it! Hope your stay here is short!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Welcome! & I agree with the whole charting thing...this is only my 2nd cycle charting & I can already feel me getting a little obsessed. I'm hoping if we don't get a BFP in the next few cycles, I will have my body/cycles figured out a little more and can stop charting/temping. Hope your stay is short & sweet!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    welcome back! I was like that the first couple of cycles...and then eventually it just became a habit that I do everyday.  Once in a while I will catch myself obsessing again, but then I realize that making my chart look good won't make me pregnant.  Hope your stay here is short!
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • Options
    Welcome and GL!
    BFP 03/30/12 | EDD 12/07/12 | DS1 12/01/12
    BFP 06/25/17 | EDD 02/24/18 | DS2 02/19/18
    BFP 12/20/18 | EDD 08/26/19 

• Options
    Welch back :). Best of luck to you on #2!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Welcome back, and good luck! :)

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all so much.  Looking forward to getting to know you all!
    Married 07-02-2004
    MC 09-11-2004
    MC 10-22-2004

My beautiful daughter was born 08-31-2005

Cycle 4 of TTC #2
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome back and good luck!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards