1st Trimester

Forgetful, losing things. Yikes! are you?

I've never lost anything in my life - nor have I ever forgotten to turn off my stove (!) until I got pregnant.

I'm just about 12 weeks. And I swear... I don't know what happened to my brain sometimes. I leave the fridge open, leave the burner on when I go to work, lost my favorite scarf and I even lost my favorite ring. Hubby doesn't want me cooking anymore when he's not there, because he came home early from work and found the stove still on - but i SWEAR i remember turning it off.

Granted, sometimes when I cook dinner, I just fall asleep. I know that's bad. Hubby has decided to start cooking. He must think that I (his career-oriented, usually-good-at-multi-tasking wife) is losing it.

I've heard that "pregnancy brain" is a real condition. But then I've heard it's all in  your mind. And that's on top of my migraines, nausea and serious aversion to anything but taco meat, tomato and avocado. Are you experiencing anything like this?

Solution, I think, is to triple check every single time I use the kitchen.. And to possibly never sit down on the couch while there is food in the oven. As far as work? Well the migraines make it hard to think sometimes, so I'm not volunteering to take on any special projects. so much for promotion at this time, I supposed...But maybe in week 13, this, uh, mental impediment will all go away.... fingers crossed. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Forgetful, losing things. Yikes! are you?

• My brain turns to mush when pregnant.  I triple check everything and still sometimes forget.  I think it is even worse with this pregnancy since I have a 22 month old running around.  All I can say, is it is not just you.

I had headaches for days and migraines also and tylenol, food, water and rest just don't cut it.  I know some people have resorted to sipping on soda, but I don't do any caffeine when pregnant...although, March of Dimes says that one cup of coffee or its equivalent a day is okay...I still prefer nothing.  

Things will get better after baby is born and you have your routine down.  I guess you can think of it as another way of preparing yourself for baby.

Irish Mama Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's definitely not just you! I haven't lost anything, but it takes forever for me to come up with the word I'm trying to say. I can't seem to get anything I say to come out right. And I also find myself doing really stupid things. My husband finds it hilarious which just annoys me even more!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes this is the worst!! Makes me feel incompetent and I just keep making stupid newb mistakes at work:(  I left my hair straightener on yesterday and my DH wasn't thrilled about that either.
  • Me too...I'm losing my mind, especially at work. I can't seem to do anything right. 
    BFP #4 11/21/12 - EDD 8/2/12 BFP#3 Missed m/c 9 wk 3 days. D & c 4/27/12. :( BFP #2 8/10/09 - DD Born April 2010 BFP #1 Suspected Ectopic 4/09 - Methotrexate
  • I definitely have the pregnancy brain going on. I have a lot of trouble remembering how to spell the simplest words lately. As far as triple checking things - I asked my husband three times how is day was after he got home from work the other day - so that's definitely triple checking, right? 

Married: June 25, 2011 
    Our beautiful girl came into our lives October 15, 2012 
    TFAS: March 2014 
    BFP #2 July 2014 Miscarriage (6 weeks) August 2014 
    BFP #3 September 2014 Chemical Pregnancy September 2014 
    Seeing the RE: February 2015 
    Diagnosis PCOS: February 2015

BFP #4 April 2015 Chemical Pregnancy April 2015
    BFP #5 June 2015 EDD: 3/5/16
    Our rainbow baby came into our lives February 27, 2016
    BFP #6 January 2018 Miscarriage (7 weeks) February 2018
    BFP #7 April 2018 EDD: 12/23/18