1st Trimester

Sleeping Positions.

I am a bit confused and wondering what is the best position to sleep in. I've always heard left side. 

At my ultrasound two days ago the baby was completely still..seemed to be sleeping or something. I was on my back. The lady had be cough a few times and it still didn't wake baby up.

Then she had me turn on my left, which made the baby wake up a little but didn't really work that well. I turned on my right side and baby went nuts and started being active.

Now I'm afraid that I'm waking up the baby or making the baby uncomfortable by sleeping on my sides!

I know this probably sounds sooo dumb! 

Our little one is due October 15th, 2012! (: Pregnancy Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Sleeping Positions.

• I was always told left side as well, but the weird thing is i'm way more comfortable on my right! I toss and turn throughout the whole night! But i'm too early along for the baby to feel anything! But its safer on your left side! Also i'm investing in a "pregnancy body pillow" they will help you stay in one position! :)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy calendar Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've heard that the left side is better for the baby, but I'm also more comfortable on the right side too, so I wind up tossing and turning all night. I'm going to get a body pillow sometime this week and hopefully that will help with the hip pain I've been having! I was actually up at 6:30 in the morning on my day off because the pain woke me up, so I'm hoping the body pillow will help.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • The left side is recommended for the best flow of oxygen and blood from placenta to baby. You're not going to make your baby uncomfortable, they have plenty of cushioning from amniotic fluid. Having a body pillow last time saved my back and helped me sleep so much better.
    A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.
  • I've always heard the left side also.  But I find myself tossing and turning and favoring my right side.  My OB told me that right now I'm fine in any position but once I starting getting a bump then I will need to favor my left side.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"