August 2012 Moms

first pg charley horse

this was like nothing i experienced pre-pregnancy.  I used to get them once every few months or so, usually in the middle of the night, but flexing my foot would make them subside within a minute or two.  Last night I got one while on the couch and it lasted around 5-8 minutes.  Flexing my foot didn't help at all and I was in tears it hurt so bad.  Dh came to see why I was screaming obscenities and massaged it a bit which helped.  It would go away and then come back 2 seconds later.  It was pure torture. I pray there are not more of those in my future because holy hell, I have never known pain like that.  My calf still aches today.
Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d

Re: first pg charley horse

• I know how you feel... I had one last night when I was dead asleep. It was so painful!  5-8 minutes is a really long time!  I had a few last pregnancy that  made my muscle sore for several days.
  • WOW!  That definatly sounds like a deficiancy of some kind. Sad  For it to be soooo long and return instantly like that.... Maybe your doc could reccomend something?  I think potassium and magnesium are supposed to help with leg cramps.  I got them with DS and DD but they only lasted maybe 30 secs or so.  And even that was torture!  Try eating LOTS of kiwis and/or bananas for now.  I hope you don't have to go through that again!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • ahh! i'm not looking forward to that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we went on a long walk last night and I have a feeling that triggered it, I hadn't had much water all day.
    Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d
  • I had my first one two nights ago. I woke up in the middle of the night and started yelling. scared my dh awake, but he massaged it away. It was still sore yesterday and today. 
    "Too Blessed to be Stressed." BabyFetus Ticker
  • I got them every night last week and called my doctor to ask for advice. They said unfortunately some pregnant women just get them and most normal "cures" won't work.  They suggested Gatorade before bed. I hate Gatorade but I've been drinking every night and haven't had one since! Maybe it's just a coincidence but im not waking up in pain so I don't care!!  

Good luck!

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"