August 2012 Moms

Irrational Pregnancy Fears...

I suppose it comes with the territory, but I've had some concerns pop into my head in the past few months that have made me go, "Wait...what?!" Some are less bizarre than others - like the fear that a doctor's appointment could reveal unexpected bad news (always a niggling worry of mine) - but sometimes they're a tad far-fetched.

Hmm For example, I caught myself seriously worried that any straining I might do on the toilet could result in pushing the baby out. As if the baby is just sitting in there, waiting for one good muscle jerk - like a sneeze - and he's gonna shoot right out like he's on a slip-and-slide. My logical side reassures me that it's gonna take a bit more effort than that, but my preggo brain insists it could happen.

Anyone else catch themselves inventing dangers or obsessing over possible issues?

Click HERE for my story...

Me (29) and DH (31) together since 2001, married since 2006.

12/13/11 BFP after 7 cycles TTC first child. 06/29/12 delivered stillborn son at 33 weeks.

09/04/12 BFP after first cycle TTC. Please be our take-home baby!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Irrational Pregnancy Fears...

• Yes and no. I'm still in disbelief I'm pregnant so have that constant "too good to be true" feeling. I'm actually nervous for our a/s on Wednesday for this reason - even though I've not had a speck of bad news or scary symptoms. I think the worry is practice for later in life.

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • Every time I have a doctors appointment, I have a mini panic attack in the waiting room. It's just that 'what if' looming over me that drives me batty!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I do. I am not very big (bump wise). and it plays with my mind at times. We haven't seen LO since I was 12 weeks along, so I worry that I may have a little bump because I have a very little ( to the point something is wrong) baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • imagemorgs8384:I do. I am not very big (bump wise). and it plays with my mind at times. We haven't seen LO since I was 12 weeks along, so I worry that I may have a little bump because I have a very little ( to the point something is wrong) baby.

I feel the same way except I haven't seen LO since I was 9 weeks.  When I posted by 20 week pic, other bumpies told me their bump looked like mine months ago.  I am gaining weight, but I'm still nervous that I may have a little baby.  I was only 6 lb 14 oz when I was born so I guess it could be possible that I just have a small baby, but a part of me so worried for my u/s on Thursday.  

• imageManda-Kay:

imagemorgs8384:

I do. I am not very big (bump wise). and it plays with my mind at times. We haven't seen LO since I was 12 weeks along, so I worry that I may have a little bump because I have a very little ( to the point something is wrong) baby.

I feel the same way except I haven't seen LO since I was 9 weeks.  When I posted by 20 week pic, other bumpies told me their bump looked like mine months ago.  I am gaining weight, but I'm still nervous that I may have a little baby.  I was only 6 lb 14 oz when I was born so I guess it could be possible that I just have a small baby, but a part of me so worried for my u/s on Thursday.  

I hear you. I posted a picture for my 20 week bump on FB and friends were like "umm where". I am not complaining I can still wear my regular jeans, but  at the same time it really worries me. Hoping and praying for good news for both of us on Thursday.. We have our U/S then too! Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • Within minutes last week of finding out our baby is a boy I thought "Oh no, suppose his wife doesn't like me." Really???
  • imagemorgs8384:
    imageManda-Kay:

imagemorgs8384:

I do. I am not very big (bump wise). and it plays with my mind at times. We haven't seen LO since I was 12 weeks along, so I worry that I may have a little bump because I have a very little ( to the point something is wrong) baby.

I hear you. I posted a picture for my 20 week bump on FB and friends were like "umm where". I am not complaining I can still wear my regular jeans, but  at the same time it really worries me. Hoping and praying for good news for both of us on Thursday.. We have our U/S then too! Good luck!

Thanks and good luck to you too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"