Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

HCG results - update

Just a little update. I'm down to 5 as of Thursdays test. I have to call my doc on Monday and see if he wants me to come in once more or not. I would assume that by next week it should be 0. 

The bleeding has finally stopped after 10 days. Although the idea of trying again scares me just because i'm terrified of this happening again... but i can't help but see that my FW should be approaching (if it is normal timing) and I'm feeling like i would hate to miss the chance. I started temping again this am. I have to see what my doctor says but part of me is wishing he will give us the OK to try right away. It's sad that i envision my next BFP as a moment where i am completely terrified and not at all excited.

I'm still having many random moments of sadness but overall i do feel a lot better. This weekend is tough because today we were going to have DH's family over for dinner and tell them... so today sucks.  

((hugs to you all))  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HCG results - update

• Options

That feeling - that need - to be pregnant again is completely normal. At some point, I came to tHe realization that I needed to get to a place where I didnt feel like I was "replacing" my loss, but was emotionally capable of handling another one. I am glad that I waited, especially  as now that my 2nd BFP was also unsuccessful. I never would have been able to handle these feelings had I been so fresh off my previous loss. 

Give your heart some time to heal, and your body a chance to become a welcoming environment. Right now, your hormones are a bit crazy. Give them time to re-adjust themselves. ((((hugs))))

Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Options
    Spruce, I feel the same way.  It's only been a few days, but I find myself toying with the idea of picking up the OPKS/thermometer and trying again before my next AF.  Of course, I havent had my follow up appointment yet or asked...but in the midst of things I feel like my doc mentioned waiting one cycle.  It makes complete sense. As Katharine said, you want to make your body a welcoming environment.  I know that I'll feel better waiting and starting fresh.  Clearly, my thoughts are all over the place haha!  I have enough trouble believing that it will happen again, since it didn't happen right away for us the first time.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageDandelion321:
    Spruce, I feel the same way.  It's only been a few days, but I find myself toying with the idea of picking up the OPKS/thermometer and trying again before my next AF.  Of course, I havent had my follow up appointment yet or asked...but in the midst of things I feel like my doc mentioned waiting one cycle.  It makes complete sense. As Katharine said, you want to make your body a welcoming environment.  I know that I'll feel better waiting and starting fresh.  Clearly, my thoughts are all over the place haha!  I have enough trouble believing that it will happen again, since it didn't happen right away for us the first time.  Good luck!

I think my doctor said to wait one cycle also but i'm not sure. I had a hard time listening to anything he was saying the first time i had an appt. to confirm that i was mc'ing. I am going to call him on Monday and ask....and i'm going to ask him for a reason. Some things I've been reading say that they ask you to wait for dating purposes but since i temp that wouldn't be necessary. If it's for health reasons and to decrease the chance of this happening again, then i will wait. I feel like the only thing that will help me move on is trying again... especially since it may not happen right away. It took us 5 cycles to conceive which isn't long, i know, but i can't help but think it will take us a while again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I hope you're doing okay and it's good news that your HCG's are getting back to normal. It sounds like you'll be back to zero soon.

As far as trying again before AF, I know what you mean, I had that same thought. I talked to my doctor about it and she said that if I were to get pregnant before a normal AF, it gets complicated because when my HCG's start to rise, they won't know at first if it's because of retained tissue or because of a new pregnancy. If it's tissue, that poses an infection risk and so on, so it gets tricky and can make for a stressful beginning. She didn't say that it would be any riskier as far as another mc, though. As far as charting, she told me not to even try until after a normal AF, too. She said I'll just drive myself crazy trying to make my body predictable at a time when it really isn't. I don't know if any of that sounds like what your Dr. said, but I thought I'd share in case it helps.

big hugs to you! 

BFP #1 1.2.12 EDD 9.15.12 :: mmc 2.22.12. / d&c 2.23.12 :: 2nd d&c 3.16.12

"there is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"

BFP #2 2.27.13 EDD 11.8.13 Grow, baby, grow!

My Ovulation Chart

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary

image imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image

~ all ALers welcome ~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"