Toddlers: 24 Months+

CP: Do you let your LO wear flip-flops?

I want to get a pair or two for DS, he's worn them before and did well after he adjusted to the flappiness of them (he has tiny ankles but big feet, size 10.5 now). DH feels it will just mess up his feet and make him trip a lot.

[Poll] 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: CP: Do you let your LO wear flip-flops?

• My older kids have them but all my kids prefer crocs for summertime.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He did fine with them last year but this year he hates anything between his toes so no more flip flops

[color=#FF0000]Mom to 5 girls 23,22,18,9,7 and one sweet Wonderboy almost 4[/color]
    The Chaos of Six!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a pair of flip flops for her last year, but she was a late walker (almost 15 months) and was still getting to be steady on her feet last summer. This summer she'll probably have several pairs since she's much steadier on her feet and she's been begging me for a pair of flip flops for awhile. I think we may be making a trip out to Old Navy soon, lol!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No, but my kids have flat feet and really need a little support.  Ples all the playgrounds we go to have gravel or mulch and that interferes with play getting in there.
  • JCMJCM member
    DD has Crocs but not traditional flip flops.  That being said she was born with clubbed feet that have been corrected and her ortho said flip flops aren't good for her feet and try to avoid them.
  • I say no but because my boy is just so active and constantly outside and running around, I dont think he would do well with flip flops.  I always buy those sneaker sandals and he loves them.  That being said, I HAVE bought them in the past, but they have the strap in the back and he never seems to wear them because they annoy him.
  • apeygapeyg member
    Yes my DD loves flip flops and they are great for summertime. 
  • I voted SS.  DD just got her first pair of flip flops, but they have a strap across the heal so they aren't actually flip flops, but they did take some getting used to.
  • I am jumping over a little early...DD is 22 months old but has the tiniest feet, she is still in a 4. She had Tevas last year and they worked really well for her (she had just started walking as well) and I will be getting those for her again this year. I just feel like they will be better for her. They will also give her more support and she can wear them in the lake. Chances are also very good that the one pair will last her all summer and fall at the rate her feet are (not) growing......

I would wear flip-flops frequently in the summer but after breaking my foot I found that wearing them for prolonged periods of time would hurt the foot that was broken and it would stop hurting if I had shoes with good support. I imagine it would be the same for any kind of flip flop so at this stage I feel like it is important for her to have good supportive shoes.  

Down the road when she is a little older and her feet will be a bit bigger I won't have a problem if she wants a pair. For now I will stick with Tevas.  

• DD wears them from time to time.  I prefer closed toe shoes for the park, but they are easy to throw on when going to the pool or running errands.  I'm pretty picky when it comes to the soles of shoes. I always pick ones that have a lot of traction.  I don't let her wear the foam type bottom ones that don't have anything extra added for traction.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • PeskyPesky member
    DD yes for the pool and when I let her get her toenails painted when I get a pedicure.  DS no -- he runs way too much and that would just equate to a lot of skinned knees.  I go with keens or the like for the summer instead for him.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• I do but DS prefers his Crocs.
    m/c 2013
  • DD is pretty clumsy so we're waiting on those. We're good with our Keens,
  • SS-- here's why:

Yes, I let DD wear flip flops but there are certain conditions- i.e. flip flops are NOT allowed to be worn on the playground, or similar situations where tripping/slipping are more of a possibility.  

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelynsef:
    I voted SS.  DD just got her first pair of flip flops, but they have a strap across the heal so they aren't actually flip flops, but they did take some getting used to.

This. She LOVES them too. I will not let her wear them to the playground though - only closed-toe shoes for heavy duty playing.

• Last year I had a pair for him but wouldn't really let him wear them because they kept falling off.  I'll give them a try again this year and let him wear them if he can walk well in them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"