Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Bath Questions

My son in 13 1/2 months and LOVES his baths.  However, he thinks it's great to lick/eat the bubbles...the water, too, for that matter  We use baby shampoo and wash.  Ok??  He hasn't keeled over yet!!

Also, do you ladies claen the squirty bath toys?  We can obviously clean the outside, but the inside has to still be wet even when we squirt as much out as we can?  Any thoughts??  Thanks!

Re: Bath Questions

• Liam drinks his bath water all the time and he's been completely fine.  I wouldn't worry about it.  The people who make baby wash know that babies are going to be taste testing it.

I don't buy Liam any squirty bath toys because I am paranoid about mold growing inside them.  Someone a long time ago posted here about how much mold she found growing in a squirt toy when she cut it open.  I decided then not to introduce them to Liam.  

image image
  • My son is almost 5 and still thinks its funny to take in a mouthful of dirty bath water and squirt it out at DD like a fountain!!  No matter how much yelling I do or lecturing about bacteria, he still does it, so I am of no help in that dept.  Actually, the only way for me to stop it was to make him start showering instead of taking a bath, but obviously your LO is way too young for that.

As for the toys, I threw out all our bath toys.  They seemed to grow mold in them no matter what I did to try to keep them sanitary.  Now they play with plastic toy cars, Barbie, dinosaurs, fruits and veggetable and other misc plastic toys from around the house.....anything as long as it cannot get water trapped inside.

• Loading the player...
  • Don't buy the squirt toys.  There is just no way to get the mold out from inside completely.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have squirt toys. They're cheap little rubber things, I'll just throw them out and get new ones soon. 
  • I think Sam pretty much drinks his bath water every time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"