July 2012 Moms
Options

I am so sick of hearing..

"Oh you just wait..." or "You need _____ kind of diapers because that's the only ones that worked for us"...

AAAHHH!! I am going to SCREAM!! Is there anything you're just sick of hearing from others?!?!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I am so sick of hearing..

• Options

YES!!! I am due Aug 1. So when people ask and I tell them it is always: Ohhhh it's going to be so hot; you're going to be miserable.

Really? The thought had never crossed my mind people!!! It's like they think that I am blissfully unaware of how summers get here in the Ozarks. 

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

The "You poor thing" response does get old when someone finds out I'm due in July. 1) I happen to love the heat 2) I had a baby in Aug so I am quite aware of how it feels to carry a baby through the summer.

I also get tired of hearing comments on the size of my bump already. I'm not quite 5'2" with my 3rd kid....there isn't much space to spread this baby over. Keep the comments to yourself!

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

"You better get your sleep in now!!"

"Why are you buying baby stuff now? You should wait to see what you get at your shower." 

Baby BOY is due May 23, 2014!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

Whenever I see people I haven't seen for a bit or tell them I'm pregnant for the first time I get "how are you feeling". I know they are just being nice but being asked that question so many times a day really gets old, especially if I just told you a few days ago that I am feeling FINE. It's not like I'm going to get into the finer details of my bodily functions or aches and pains with most people either. 

I also get the ones above about having a baby in the summer and that is certainly old too. And the 'a baby changes everything, you just wait' REALLY?! A new little person in our lives will change the way our lives are currently? I had no idea!!! Thanks! 

Before our wedding I was constantly told "don't stress about (this and that)". And by the last few days before our wedding hearing that phrase just stressed me out. So I'm just trying to smile my way through the above comments and not let them get to me :)

• Options
    Eh, I forgot about the "summer baby" thing! I'm due at the end of July and live in DEEP South MS so yeah, It's hot.. humid & skeeters come out in January! haha! I love the part where they say "Oh wow, you know it's hot in July!?" Nope. Didn't have a clue. Been here my whole life and South MS has NEVER had a hot summer. Speaking of, It's March 31, 12pm and it's already 75 degrees. High of 82. YIKES! ha!
  • Options

I have literally had ALL OF THE ABOVE! I'm a teacher, and I only really get to see the other staff members at school when I pass them in the hallway, so there are several one-liners each day.

My favorite is (one day away from the THIRD TRIMESTER) is "are you having any morning sickness?" I told you two weeks ago no, that I never had it, and guess what? Nope again!

I've also had the "make sure you get lots of sleep now...you won't get any once he's here." I LOVE the blog post from the Pregnant Chicken "10 THings to Never Say to a Pregnant Woman." She addresses this comment...with something like "if you knew about an all-you-can-eat buffet opening up 4 months from now, you wouldn't fast/starve yourself to get ready for the grand opening. My sleeping habits are just fine, thank you! :o)

• Options

1) How are you feeling? (I hear it EVERYDAY from ppl at work. EVERYDAY its the same thing...good. I don't really have any typical preggo symptoms.).

2) Ohhh your due in July, its gonna be hot! (No crap, we live in south FL, its hot every month)

3)  You don't look _x_amt of months pregnant! (While this is nice, it makes me worried that I am doing something wrong/not giving baby enough room or something just because I am not showing/gaining as much as they did when they were pregnant....usually 20+ yrs ago).

• Options
    KarmBKarmB member

all of the above.

it just gets old. i know they mean well.

Or if i talking to a friend she'll be "wait until She gets here, you;ll see" just like when i wasnt pregnant she said ""Just wait until youre pregannt youll see" Its as if people try to one up you.

• Options

YES to ALL of the above.

The summer heat thing....so annoying. I'm due at the beginning of July, first of all, so I'm lucky enough to be spared the SUPER hot months. Secondly, there's this newfangled contraption...it's called AIR CONDITIONING...If I'm uncomfortable, I can just hang out inside. It's not that hard.

• Options

I totally agree with the heat comment!! Soooooo sick of hearing it!! I just tell people that i'm actually happy that it's going to be warm out so we don't have to bundle her to death & that hubby & I can walk outside to help me lose the weight. This tends to put an 'oh yeah..' look on their face.

Another one i'm sick of hearing as well.... How do you think the dog is going to do with the baby? Well, aside from the fact that I don't do very well predicting the future (no mega millions win for me, ha), he's going to be just fine. Just because he is a police k9 does not make him a baby killer. Grrrr. It's not like we will be leaving dog to babysit or anything, so why is it any different than your dog (who is way less trained)??

Ahh, thanks for the vent ladies :)

• Options
    Ahhh, the pet questions!! I have a cat.. who yes, she's kind of an evil bi#$%! but she loves her mommy! lol.. she just runs from strangers, never attacks! But everyone is all like "what are you going to do with Sophie!?" Umm, throw her to the coyotes that hang out outside the house!? Really? She's going to stay here.. it's her home too! Idiots. ha!
  • Options
    "Your due when? Oh your never going to make it" Really people..because the size of my stomach determines weather or not im going to go into premature labor. And yes thanks for wishing that on me because im not worried enough about being pregnant in general. Tongue Tied

• Options
    imageBransonsBecca:

YES!!! I am due Aug 1. So when people ask and I tell them it is always: Ohhhh it's going to be so hot; you're going to be miserable.

Really? The thought had never crossed my mind people!!! It's like they think that I am blissfully unaware of how summers get here in the Ozarks. 

Upon hearing about my pregnancy, someone once told me "Just don't have your kid in the summer!"

..Really? I'm due July 27th. What do you recommend I do, have him/her 3 months early or cross my legs until October?

Mr & Mrs H. - It all began 10.21.09
    image Sasha & Melinda - Big Sisters!

• Options
    "you can barely tell your almost done!" THIS is getting on my nerves! I feel like a whale, and I get they are trying to be nice, but come on, I don't wanna just look like I feel. I want to look pregnant
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"