Breastfeeding

7 months no period

I know breastfeeding can delay the return of your period. But I have also read that returning to work full time and adding pumping sessions, starting solids, and sleeping through the night can have your period return, even while you are still BF. We have done all 3, and still no AF. Is this normal, or should I go see my doctor? 

TIA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 7 months no period

• Normal. Normal to not have a period, normal if it comes back. Normal is a big range.
  • Nope - totally normal. I'm currently BF #3 (she's almost 5 months and no AF)

With my other two, period did not come back until 11 months (they were EBF until 6 months, and I worked FT, pumping 2-3/day starting at 3 and 4 months of age respectively.

• Loading the player...
  • Normal.  AF didn't come back for me until 9 months when i started to wean off pumping.  Enjoy the freedom. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I didn't get AF until DD was 11 months old.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Normal- enjoy! Dd was 19 months before my period came back and we had to chemically induce it. 
  • My period hasn't come back yet either and my DD is 6 months old. I'm kinda hoping for at least a few more months without it. :-)
  • My sister's never came back....and that's how they ended up with another baby, haha.  :-)  I'm still waiting for mine.  I hope it holds off a bit longer, I am enjoying its vacation.
  • Has anyone had there period and then not have it again? I'm Breastfeeding and wasn't expecting to get it back but did have it last month (my daughter is only 3 mo the old) now havent gotten it this month and to be honest it is making me nervous!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"