Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Amoxicillin

So after giving DD her dose of amoxicillin last night, DH forgot to put it back in the fridge (so it was out about 10 hours).  Is it still okay to give it to her after putting back in the fridge?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 454

Re: Amoxicillin

• I don't know....but maybe call your pharmacist??? He/she should be able to shed some light :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • I think the last bottle we had s just recommended that it's refrigerated but Id call your pharmacist just to be safe
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a bottle currently b/c DD has an ear infection.  It states that refrigeration is preferred but not necessary.  So I would think it would still be fine to use. 
  • I was told that the refrigeration was just to improve the taste, and that it's not neccessary.  In fact, I didn't refrigerate it at all when my LO was on it, because she has alot of trouble with cold things.  She prefers room temperature or warm.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's fine, we don't put ours in the fridge. It makes it really thick.
  • It's fine to use. It's not like anything is going to grow in it--it's an antibiotic. The refridgeration recommendation is to keep the other ingredients stable. Just put it in now, and you'll be fine.
  • It should be refrigerated.  Since you have gotten various responses, call your pharmacist to be safe.  They may be able to give you some new stuff.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sure you've gotten your answer by now, but for those curious, the previous poster was correct.  Plain old amoxicillin does not require refrigeration, it just improves the taste.  Leaving it at room temperature is fine.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"