3rd Trimester
Options

when is the right time to pack your bags for the hospital ?

im 28  weeks pregnant and i dont know when is a good time to really pack my bags because i havent really brought anything yet ? Can someone help me please ?

Re: when is the right time to pack your bags for the hospital ?

• Options
    You should pack them 24 hours before you go into labor
    image PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Options
    I am a ftm and I am 32 wks so I don't know if this helps but I have been kind of packing as the days go on. I have a list and I get things here and there but I will have everything packed at 36 wks just to be sure I have everything I need. Hope that helps.Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetheresat858:
    Honestly, I don't think I'm going to pack until I'm in early labor (or maybe at 38 weeks).  Most of the things to bring are things I will need/want before then (ie cell phone, camera, charger, my comfy PJ bottoms, etc).

This! I went to the store and bought a few travel size toiletries and sundry items but I'm not packing my clothes until around week 37. And My shower isn't until week 36 so I won't have baby stuff to pack until then anyways! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket the right one will always make you feel like you are the most loved person in the world
  • Options
    Last time, I packed while I was in labor.  It really didn't take long to throw stuff into my suitcase.  Just make sure you have a list nearby of what you need/want, so you don't forget anything.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • Options

imagetheresat858:
    Honestly, I don't think I'm going to pack until I'm in early labor (or maybe at 38 weeks).  Most of the things to bring are things I will need/want before then (ie cell phone, camera, charger, my comfy PJ bottoms, etc).

THIS!  I don't have a whole lot of maternity clothes... so I will need them up until I go into labour... not expecting to miraculously fit into my regular clothes... lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just started packing mine yesterday.  I put the baby's coming home outfit, baby book(for footprints)and blanket.

For me: extra socks, underwear, and nursing bras, hair ties, comfy clothes .  I also brought travel size toiletries and some extra makeup. Then I attached a list of the things I want to make sure we have last minute. (Cell phone, camera, pants, shirt)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

With my first I had my bag packed by the time I was 30 weeks, but I was pregnant in the summer and it was so hot that I never put it in the car and had to be unexpectedly induced and didn't have it with me! 

With this baby I just finished packing mine yesterday, and yes it is in the car :) I would make a list and buy the things you need now and then have a list of things to pack later, but I wouldn't wait until you are in labor to start packing it...

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Allergic to soy, oat, egg, peanuts, and tree nuts
  • Options
    I packed a few things around 37 weeks but a lot of stuff needs to be packed at the last minute.  I have a list and I'll finish it up while I'm in labor.  I did the same thing last time and it worked well for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Options
    My doc reprimanded me for not having it done yet at my 36 week appointment.  That was two weeks ago and I haven't done it yet.  I'll aim to do it this week though just so my husband stops freaking out.  
  • Options

I packed out bags this week and I am 36 weeks. My lamaze teacher said not to wait till you are full term because baby could come early. I think 36 or 37 weeks is perfect.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"