August 2012 Moms

Gender reveal party?

A good friend of ours really wants to throw us a gender reveal party, and we said yes because it sounds like a fun way to share the experience with close friends and family. But the more I thought about it, the more afraid I got that it may take away from the experience for my husband and I.

Have any of you ladies had a gender reveal party? If so, what did you think?

BTW, U/S is on the third, and the party is on ninth. I'm so excited to find out!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gender reveal party?

• I don't know if I could wait that long to find out! We are going for our u/s on the 6th, we're having the tech put the gender in an envelope that I will deliver to a bakery that afternoon. On Saturday I'm picking up the cake and on Sunday at Easter dinner when our whole family is here we will cut the cake and find out what we are having. I personally think it will be more exciting to share it with everyone vs. just finding out with my husband. Nothing could make us more excited :) You just have to decide what is right for you :)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know, I think the waiting will be the worst part! It's going to be so hard to tell the tech to put it in the envelope rather than just tell us! 

Thanks for your opinions, they made me feel better about the party. Can't wait! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We'll be having one on the 6th, and our a/s is on the 3rd.

We're not calling it a gender reveal party, but that's what we're doing. My birthday is on Easter, so our families (immediate family for us is close to 30) are coming over for cake and ice cream. We're going to surprise them with the cake, and explain what is going to happen, and the fact that we don't know the sex yet either.

Our families are so intense about what the sex of the baby is going to be, I think it will be fun. We have told my parents about it, just because I think my mom would appreciate a little heads up (and she would like to know that she's a little "ahead" of DH's family, especially since this is the first grandchild on my side, and the 15th on DH's).

Have fun!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We had one except dear husband and I found out first to have the moment to ourselves and we shared the news with everyone else at the party. Everyone had such a good time at the party! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did one with this LO. I didn't even think of it with DD. Though I don't know if we would have done it. You'll still have your moment with DH while at the U/S where you will see all the parts of your baby-just not the sex.

DH and I loved having our party-it was so much fun to share the news with everyone at the same time!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"