Babies: 0 - 3 Months

1 week baby is sleeping ... but I'm not?

Hey Ladies,

My son is one week today and so far has been a pretty good little sleeper. I on the other hand can not fall asleep for the life of me. At first I thought it was anxiety but now the anxiety is gone. I have heard that this is common in the first week of motherhood as your hormones and such have gone crazy and that it gets better. Can any of you attest to this? Or give me some sort of hope? I have tried everything I can think of to help myself fall asleep but haven't had much success.

Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 1 week baby is sleeping ... but I'm not?

• Ditto. I don't know what would help, maybe take a bath or read a book?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't really start sleeping soundly at night until I went back to work at 7 weeks.  I was just sooo tired!  Sorry that doesn't help you now, but hopefully you'll be able to sleep soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • completely normal! i almost felt that my body was in shock for the first week. for me napping in the day was easier than sleeping at night. if your fam or husband is there have them take the baby and then go in a noise proof room and rly try to relax n sleep. i got sick because i ended upbeing so tired and worn out.  good luck
  • i had that problem with DS...the only thing I found to work was to stop watching tv and using the computer an hour before bed, just have some calm quiet time, and then when DS did his last evening/beginning of the night feeding I drank a beer.  I drank it while I nursed so that way the beer wasn't in my milk in that feeding, and would be gone by the next feeding.  He only nursed for 10minutes at a time, so I REALLY wasn't concerned that he was getting alcohol.  Helped me fall asleep and certainly didn't hurt my milk supply.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekris_kelsey:
    i had that problem with DS...the only thing I found to work was to stop watching tv and using the computer an hour before bed, just have some calm quiet time, and then when DS did his last evening/beginning of the night feeding I drank a beer.  I drank it while I nursed so that way the beer wasn't in my milk in that feeding, and would be gone by the next feeding.  He only nursed for 10minutes at a time, so I REALLY wasn't concerned that he was getting alcohol.  Helped me fall asleep and certainly didn't hurt my milk supply.

this seems like a good idea, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"