Cloth Diapering

cloth cover over a disposable

I am babysitting a little boy who is a very heavy wetter. His family uses disposables and he regularly pees through them, I am taking him out tomorrow and was wondering how effective it would be to use either a flip or econobum cover over his disposable. I just really don't want to get to the mall and have to change his whole outfit because he wet through the diaper. TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: cloth cover over a disposable

• I would think that would work in this instance.
  • I think that'd be alright. Make sure you change him or at least check him every hour though. Don't let him sit in that much pee. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I do regularly change him when I'm watching him, it's just the drive is about an hour and in that time he can overfill a diaper. I will definitely make sure he is dry when we leave and change him once we get there, I just don't want him to leak before then. Which cover do you think would work best over the disposable? Since my baby is not here yet I have not been able to try out any of my cloth yet.
  • My DS was still in overnight sposies until we could figure out our ON routine and I could get everything prepped. He was peeing through the sposie and I just ordered a couple flip covers with the seconds sale so I decided "why not?". Worked well, actually! Just make sure you get the disposable completely covered by the cover. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetonyahogue:
    I do regularly change him when I'm watching him, it's just the drive is about an hour and in that time he can overfill a diaper. I will definitely make sure he is dry when we leave and change him once we get there, I just don't want him to leak before then. Which cover do you think would work best over the disposable? Since my baby is not here yet I have not been able to try out any of my cloth yet.

Are his  parents aware of this?  Perhaps its time to change sizes in diapers. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They are aware, in fact they are the ones that warned me of this, but they are low income and buy the cheapest brand they can find. He is really small for his age, so while he probably is an average wetter for his age he is just a really heavy wetter for his size. A bigger size would just swallow him whole.
  • I always went up a size in sposies and it helped, no matter how big it looked. Have you suggested cloth to them as a economical alternative?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We tried for several months to find a cloth overnight solution for DS and nothing was allowing him to wake up with dry clothes.  So we have given up for the time being. Right now the solution is a Flip with a newborn liner over a sposie. Does the trick.  As the PP mentioned, just be sure the entire sposie is covered with the cover and it should help. 
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"